Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-11-24, 07:56 AM  
sherry7899

Bellyfit sitewide 50 percent off sale

The sale is through tomorrow (not sure what time since they are on Pacific Time) The code is "MOTHER".

Alice said some workouts will be removed from their shop, but she did not specify which ones.

I am not buying anything additional since I still have not done all the ones I already own.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 05-13-24, 06:53 AM  
sherry7899

Alice sent an email saying everyone was asking her which workouts were leaving her site, and she said "all of them." If you bought anything from her, you will always have access to it. Apparently they are "redoing their business model" or something like that.

I think sending out that information when most of the people who would be buying workouts on sale would be asleep wasn't the best idea......I still was not going to buy anything, but I don't agree with her doing that.

Old 05-13-24, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

I haven't used most of what I purchased already either so I am not going to buy anything else - but I hate the whole marketing style that creates a sense of urgency and FOMO. It just seems so negative to promote your products that way these days when so many people are already strapped for cash and struggling.

I was seriously tempted to look to see what was available, but then I talked myself out of it reminding myself I have plenty.

I don't understand why changing a business model would necessitate getting rid of old programs that are digital anyway - why not just save them as "legacy" programs or something on the new site? It isn't like physical media.

Donna
Old 05-13-24, 09:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I think I've downloaded all my digital purchases but better make backups in case Alice gets rid of those, too.

Boo!
Old 05-13-24, 11:35 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I haven't used most of what I purchased already either so I am not going to buy anything else - but I hate the whole marketing style that creates a sense of urgency and FOMO. It just seems so negative to promote your products that way these days when so many people are already strapped for cash and struggling.

I was seriously tempted to look to see what was available, but then I talked myself out of it reminding myself I have plenty.

I don't understand why changing a business model would necessitate getting rid of old programs that are digital anyway - why not just save them as "legacy" programs or something on the new site? It isn't like physical media.

Donna
I agree with everything you said. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 05-13-24, 11:45 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I think I've downloaded all my digital purchases but better make backups in case Alice gets rid of those, too.

Boo!
She said she will not, but I don't trust that there won't be some kind of unintentional snafu. I am doing the same.

Old 05-14-24, 08:10 AM  
Lannette

Their customer support guaranteed me that I would be able to download my purchases but I was never able to and they were of no help. I won’t buy from them again and I rarely use what I bought. That’s why I prefer DVDs. You own digital purchases “for life.” Sadly it’s the life of the platform and/or company.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Tags
bellyfit