Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-03-24, 10:39 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I just finished watching Them: The Scare on Prime. I'm a huge horror fan, but it takes a lot to scare/disturb me with most offerings. I have to say, I was very impressed with The Scare as it was incredibly well done, disturbed the heck outta me, had so many twists and turns, and kept me guessing for most of it.
Ooh, I have to check this out!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Old 05-05-24, 04:45 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Not exactly a "binge" but perhaps a snack? For Hans Zimmer fans, there is a 55 minute documentary on him on Netflix that's a fun watch. It will probably make you want to watch some of his movies.
Old 05-06-24, 06:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Please share your thoughts. I just saw an ad for it last night.
I watched it this weekend and it was freaky but I couldn't stop watching it. It thought it was very well done and had to find out how it all turned out. It's a true story based on the author's real life experiences.
Old 05-06-24, 10:30 AM  
ardnas

Finished Twenty Five Twenty One. Contains a lot of fencing; practice & competitions. I enjoyed it.

Started Boyhood (aka Once Upon a Boyhood). Only watched first ep and laughed a lot, so far silly & fun. About a bullied high school boy who transfer schools and is mistaken for an infamous fighter.
Old 05-06-24, 01:07 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I just now started Baby Reindeer on Netflix after a friend very highly recommended it. I'm watching Episode 1 right now. Seems a little freaky.
I just binged the whole show “Baby Reindeer” the last couple of days. I’m still shaking my head going WTH, lol. I was yelling at the tv when he continued to do the same thing the last couple of episodes. I think his self-confidence was sorely lacking to open himself up to some of it. But I was reading that there are internet sleuths trying to figure out who Martha and the writer are in real life. Since the series is based on a true story. They’re asking people to just stop!

We just finished up “Fallout” on Prime. That was very entertaining!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 05-06-24, 01:16 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Finished Dear Child on Netflix with my mom over the course of three nights. A good one if you like darker stuff. A short 6-episode miniseries. Foreign language.

(I'm now midway through season 6 of Peaky Blinders and season 4 of Babylon Berlin...)
Old 05-07-24, 09:59 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I've been watching Deadloch on Amazon Prime, a parody of murder mystery series like Broadchurch. I wasn't sure that I would keep watching after the first 2-3 episodes but then got hooked, and the mystery is actually pretty good. It makes fun of a lot of stuff like foodie culture and wellness tropes, while also being quite silly at times.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Old 05-08-24, 12:48 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I just binged the whole show “Baby Reindeer” the last couple of days. I’m still shaking my head going WTH, lol. I was yelling at the tv when he continued to do the same thing the last couple of episodes. I think his self-confidence was sorely lacking to open himself up to some of it. But I was reading that there are internet sleuths trying to figure out who Martha and the writer are in real life. Since the series is based on a true story. They’re asking people to just stop!

We just finished up “Fallout” on Prime. That was very entertaining!
I thought BR was a waste of time. Here's an analysis by a friend of mine. Way too deep for me.

I just watched E7 again. The scene with his parents was heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. The point of him telling his story was to show how acceptance and love can overcome even the deepest psychological trauma - but also how easy it is for us (as humans) to do to others what has been done to us, even as we loathe that behavior in others. On a larger scale, it explains very well why America is where it is today.
Old 05-08-24, 01:37 PM  
cttx31

I finished A Man in Full series on netflix starring Jeff Daniels. I see the reviews are mixed, but I enjoyed it. It's about a real estate tycoon in Atlanta who is in financial trouble, another story about a man in prison for assaulting a cop, a couple of other side stories and they all intertwine. Some people didn't like the ending but I thought it was OK. Had no idea how it would all turn out. Pretty emotional last episode, at one point I was sobbing in relief/happiness. Very much R rated (language & sex.)

Carol T
Old 05-08-24, 02:47 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
I highly recommend the Australian comedy series Fisk on Netflix. The lead character is Helen Tudor Fisk, a corporate lawyer who moves from Sydney to Melbourne after a divorce. She gets a job at a probate law office. This is a quirky comedy with wonderful characters and great dialogue. Two seasons (12 episodes), with a third season coming by the end of this year. So funny! We loved it.

Ann
I never watch tv because I find it boring, but we did watch Fisk a few months ago and I really enjoyed it.

Erica

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, favorite tv shows, off topic, off-topic