Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gams View Post
donna,

or even worse - “barren 65-year-old breaks world record…” lol
lol
Old 04-15-24, 10:42 AM  
Rhonda

I just ask myself why - why do people do these crazy things and who thinks of world records. In my mind I would never think of a world record plank holder. Kudos to her but I have better things to do than go for this record or any record. Besides me holding a plank for a minute is great '
Old 04-15-24, 11:46 AM  
Erica H.

I used to hold planks for a long time, but then read this and now I don't bother:

... you can extend your plank for up to one or even two minutes, but don’t go beyond that. “Two minutes is often considered the maximum, and you don’t get much more benefit after that,”

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...0beyond%20that.

Erica
Old 04-15-24, 12:14 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I used to hold planks for a long time, but then read this and now I don't bother:

... you can extend your plank for up to one or even two minutes, but don’t go beyond that. “Two minutes is often considered the maximum, and you don’t get much more benefit after that,”

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...0beyond%20that.

Erica
I have also heard this a lot. After about a minute I think most people recommend doing a harder variation ie. elevate ft, single leg etc
Old 04-15-24, 12:56 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I have also heard this a lot. After about a minute I think most people recommend doing a harder variation ie. elevate ft, single leg etc
Good point about making it more challenging.

Erica
Old 04-15-24, 05:57 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
It's a pet peeve of mind when news stories reference a woman's breeding status, usually irrelevant to the subject at hand. If this woman had never had kids would her accomplishment be any less worthwhile? Seldom happens when men are the subject. "Father of three wins NASCAR race." "Grandfather goes hiking on Appalachian Trail."
I hadn’t thought of it, but you are right. They don’t mention grandfather for men. I guess using grandmother shows she’s older, so it’s more impressive. But you could be a grandmother in your late 30’s. I’m 64 and not a grandmother, and since my dd doesn’t want to have kids at the moment, that might not change. I guess mine could be, “Well she’s old enough to be a grandmother, even if she isn’t,” lol.
Old 04-17-24, 11:56 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

imagine starring at the floor that long. when i used to swim laps, I hated looking at the bottom of the pool all the time.

Tags
aging, inspirational, plank, planks