Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-14-24, 12:00 PM  
Carol K

I don't have problems with my knees, but I just didn't feel secure using weight on the 14" height anymore, even with the dowel.
Old 04-14-24, 01:37 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camember View Post
I've seen that a lot of DVDs use the fanny lifter or the transfirmer.

As they are unavailable in my country, I've checked for possible substitutes of the transfirmer, which seems the most versatile of the two, and found two options:
https://amzn.eu/d/gdKlKtJ

And this one:

https://amzn.eu/d/5baNNJW

Although the second one looks pretty cool, as I'm very, very petite I'm thinking of purchasing the first one. I have read that it has more or less the same length and width of the transfirmer.
If by more versatile you mean that more Firm workouts use the Transfirmer, I don’t know all the workouts well enough to know that. I never did any workouts with the Transfirmer.

But otherwise, I’d say that a regular step as a sub for the Fanny Lifter is much more versatile and can be used with many more workouts and exercises. I had a plastic version of the Fanny Lifter and much prefer a regular stackable step, the small one sometimes called a “high step” with risers, once I got one.
Old 04-14-24, 02:52 PM  
Carol K

The workouts that use the Fanny Lifter switch between heights far more frequently than the workouts that use the TransFirmer. I've found it is less awkward to use the Fanny Lifter for those workouts, but many people use the TransFirmer and position it vertically.
Old 04-14-24, 04:25 PM  
Camember

I may even try them all before without any step, modifying to floorwork, just to see if I can do them without hurting my right hip (piroformis syndrome + chronic trochanteric pain). A common step is pretty cheap, but a reclinable one is more pricey (not much, but I have not much space to store equipment).

Tags
fanny lifter, firm, step, the firm, the step, transfirmer