Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-29-23, 04:43 PM  
Malinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
My plan for the new year is related to my word for the year, which is also linked to my constant search for better. The word is: Enough. I what I have is enough. What I am is enough. Whatever I do is enough. I’m always second guessing my rotation because it isn’t enough. Or adding to it to the point that it becomes cumbersome and joyless, and then I stop.
These are wise words, Alison; thank you for sharing them! I need to apply that word to many areas of my life.

My plan is to do 645 on BODI. I've done some of the Mobility and Stability workouts and previewed a bunch of others, and I really like the looks of this program.

After that, I'll probably return to 80 Day Obsession.
Old 12-30-23, 10:22 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Whatever causes that thinking I have been like that as long as I can remember and passed it on to my daughters who I warned about self loathing with feeling like a failure. We all succeeded with work and school but in any kind of hobby of self improvement the plan And self sabotage plan from day 1- sucks

Last year my goal was to accept whatever summer body I ended with

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
I really love this! Enough can be different things on different days.

Because for some reason, as soon as I say "I am going to do 'this'", I want to do anything but that, my goal is to be consistent and do at least 30 minutes, 5x/week. I do things based on how I feel, both mentally and physically and most days I do 45-60. Lately, I have been doing about 20 minutes on the rebounder followed by 30 minutes of yoga burn (core, booty, or total body) or Inner Dimension's power yoga. Some days I do strength using dumbbells.

I also aim to get 8k steps a day. It used to be 10k, but I changed jobs at the end of July and now it's way more sedentary than at my previous company. However, my new company is right across the street from a natural area and there is a path around the ponds, so I take 2-3 walking breaks during the day to get out into nature. On days where that's not possible, I put one of my Virtual Active runs on my computer, close my office door, and jog on my rebounder (my boss let me put one in my office!).

Perimenopause has been rough, and so I focus on my energy, and want to do enough to stay physically fit enough to enjoy life and do what I need without having to take extended recovery times because my body wasn't a fan of what I did.
Old 12-30-23, 11:13 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
I really love this! Enough can be different things on different days.

Because for some reason, as soon as I say "I am going to do 'this'", I want to do anything but that, my goal is to be consistent and do at least 30 minutes, 5x/week. I do things based on how I feel, both mentally and physically and most days I do 45-60. Lately, I have been doing about 20 minutes on the rebounder followed by 30 minutes of yoga burn (core, booty, or total body) or Inner Dimension's power yoga. Some days I do strength using dumbbells.
———
Perimenopause has been rough, and so I focus on my energy, and want to do enough to stay physically fit enough to enjoy life and do what I need without having to take extended recovery times because my body wasn't a fan of what I did.
Yes! This is where I’m landing, too: 30 min/5x a week. Focusing on general fitness/flexibility/well-being. My dad had a major heart attack in October and coded while waiting for airlift. CPR brought him back but our whole family is looking at life/health a little differently these days. (He’s alive and home, but with *significant* heart damage. He was a hard-working, physically active 74, so this forced slow-down/retirement has thrown him for a loop.)

I recently bought a rebounder (I had one previously but sold it when I bought my rowing machine — limited space in my small house). Anyway, I need more movement “sparks” throughout the day and the rower is annoying to set up each time (I have to break it down in a corner after use). The rebounder might be a good spark-er. And maybe the kids (teens) will hop on occasionally.
Old 01-01-24, 07:31 PM  
Venus

I'm doing the new Yoga with Adriene 30-day program, Flow:

Yoga with Adriene Calendar

Yoga with Adriene FLOW Playlist

I've missed my daily yoga practice the last few months, so I'd like to get back into the habit. I meant to start a new rotation, but I didn't settle on anything and needed the rest day today. I'm thinking of doing a Gilad and/or Chris Freytag rotation...still undecided.

Old 01-02-24, 06:43 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Like Alison, my plans are linked to my word of the year. My word is WELLNESS and I'm treating the concept holistically - exercise, eating, sleep, emotions, relationships, and spiritual disciplines.

I'm also starting from zero with exercise, so something really is better than nothing. Today I did a short yoga stretch and realized how totally tight I am, so I'm going to include more stretching, something you SHOULD do, but has never been a high priority for me. I'll add gentle strength and cardio as I improve. I'll start with Sarah Starr's Youtube channel (yoga) and Jessica Smith's Calm & Strong rotation.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Old 01-03-24, 05:43 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Jessica Smith's Calm & Strong rotation.
I've been working my way through all of her Fusion workouts / everything listed under the Fusion Collection on her AAP. Almost done! I'm thinking it would be nice to do the Calm & Strong rotation next.

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes

Tags
$1 per workout, challenges, fitness goals, goals, new year goals, new year resolutions, plans, rotations