Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-26-23, 07:00 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Everyone - Thank you for all the login/shutdown advice!

Today, the site flowed very quickly!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
Old 12-26-23, 12:43 PM  
Dabbadooey

I'm not having any problems, but I am getting security warnings now every time I come on this site
Old 12-26-23, 03:43 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
I'm not having any problems, but I am getting security warnings now every time I come on this site
This is Wendy's response from 5 years ago (just emphasizing that it's not a new post from Wendy). The security warning doesn't bother me personally but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWendy View Post
Hi, as stated above the “insecure site” message appears because we use a free shared SSL certificate provided by our web hosting company. We DO have site security, but I have not purchased a separate VF owned SSL certificate with our name on it because VF does not sell anything, capture credit card info etc. so the cost is not worth it. The free shared certificate provides the same security except the name on the security certificate belongs to our hosting company. Because the name does not match videofitness.com the browser error message appears. This is a good thing in the case of a phishing situation / you would not want to log in to a site pretending to be amazon with your amazon credentials (for example). But in our case the mismatch goes not mean we are insecure, just that we use a shared security certificate.

It is always good practice to use a unique password here or anywhere else, however.

I will consult with the hosting company to see if there is a way to stop the warnings besides buying our own SSL.
Old 12-26-23, 04:28 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

adawn, thanks for re-posting Wendy’s response. I think that many people either missed her post or have forgotten it. I’m with you, the security warning doesn’t bother me as I don’t have any payment information on this site that could be compromised.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, vf alternatives, vf issues, vf problems, vf site issues