Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-14-23, 09:32 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

VF 500 Server Errors

Did anyone else get 501 server errors yesterday? I tried to post but was getting them for several hours, and then couldn't access the site at all. (Local internet was fine). I'm wondering if there is a backup plan if the site goes permanently down, and sorry if this has been covered before. I must have missed it.

Beth
Old 10-14-23, 10:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

BETH, I tagged this thread with "vf site issues." If you click on that it should bring up all the threads discussing the troubles with this site and also links to the other boards that were set up as back up. HTH
Old 10-14-23, 11:04 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
-There is a VF Roost Tapatalk forum set up awhile back. Not real active but we did see a big surge in membership recently when talks came up on regular VF about where to go/meetup in case VF disappears. So we have a little over 355 members now (but again, not much activity there since VF still exists).

Here is the link: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/

-There is also the forum Karla set up on proboards:

https://homefitness.freeforums.net/

-There is also the totalfitnessdvds tapatalk forum* that I think was originally set up for people when the collage and yayas forums went away (looks to have 470 members):

https://totalfitnessdvdsforum.com/

*I think this one was originally more of an old school forum setup and then later changed to a tapatalk forum.

-I think there may still be the original VF Roost group on Facebook that's been in existence for a long time (years?). I'm not on facebook and it's not public so I don't know anything about it except you need to get approved to be a member and I forget which VFers are the ones who manage membership.

This link may work for Facebook members: https://www.facebook.com/groups/357899254402542
You can also click on the tags at the bottom of this thread as mentioned already. I added the VF Roost tag because that seems to pull up many of the discussions about alternative forums to meet up at in case VF goes away.
Old 10-14-23, 11:28 AM  
fatkat555

I received the same error a few days ago when trying to post. I do think VF days are numbered.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 10-14-23, 02:04 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
BETH, I tagged this thread with "vf site issues." If you click on that it should bring up all the threads discussing the troubles with this site and also links to the other boards that were set up as back up. HTH
summer breeze, thank you! I will check those out.

adawn, thank you for those links!

Fatkat, yes, it’s sad. I understand that the forum runs “as is”. Still, it’s kind of like an old pair of favorite shoes, hard to let go of. This is the one place I can ask about any workout and someone will have an answer.

Beth
Old 10-14-23, 03:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealakey View Post

This is the one place I can ask about any workout and someone will have an answer.
Agreed!
I love reading when someone answers another VFers' question!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-15-23, 08:53 PM  
rhbrand

I couldn't get in at all yesterday.

I quit trying after a couple hours.

I didn't even try today until just now, after 8:30pm.
Old 10-16-23, 01:45 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I am not able to copy and paste workouts in from my Mac. Hey, I could be the culprit causing the recent server crashing, haha, well.. not really. They are having a problem with the server authenticating; it's a server-side issue and unfortunately, not something we can do anything about.

Beth
Old 10-16-23, 03:55 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I have been getting this error periodically for quite awhile now (probably a year, maybe more?). I haven’t been able to identify the cause in my case but it goes away on its own, sometimes later in the same day but definitely by the next day. It happens sometimes--irrespective of the computer or browser I am using at the time or whether I empty my cache, etc.

I’m not sure if it’s a VF website error or an error in connecting to the server on my end. Guess it doesn’t matter if it’s not something we can change. It has seemed that not all of us have the problem at the same time—I had no issue on the day that rhbrand had a problem, for example.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 10-16-23, 07:22 PM  
Leonana

I’ve only had this issue a couple of times. It sounds like less than some people.

Tags
500 error, abandonware, forum alternative, forum issues, forum maintenance, vf roost, vf site issues