Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 07-21-23, 11:33 AM  
donnamp

LOL, Gams! Me too

I can see the value in having a rotation or meal plan - it is does create more efficiency but I also tend to really like to listen to my body/mind/heart. And sometimes the body isn't craving the bean soup I made or the weight workout that is scheduled and sometimes my mind wants a fusion workout not a cardio, etc.

Donna
Old 07-21-23, 11:50 AM  
Leonana

I'm the opposite, I enjoy following a rotation and don't usually stray. Unless I have some injury or a cold, and have to take a break. But I'm kind of anal, and hate to not follow something exactly!
Old 07-21-23, 12:36 PM  
sherry7899

As far as meals, some weeks I cook a bunch of different components that can be combined into different meals. That way I am not eating the same thing every day. However, I will gladly eat steel cut oatmeal four or five mornings in a row. I make a batch in the instant pot and reheat it each day.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 07-21-23, 01:25 PM  
donnamp

Sherry - I also will eat the same breakfast every day - and a variation of the same lunch every day. For the longest time it was steel cut oats for breakfast but I have been on a smoothie kick now for about a year and a half or more now. I wonder when I'll move on to the next thing?

Lunch is more varied but it tends to be in the same family of either soup or a salad or a "snack" lunch (basically random oddities)

Donna
Old 07-21-23, 01:41 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Sherry - I also will eat the same breakfast every day - and a variation of the same lunch every day. For the longest time it was steel cut oats for breakfast but I have been on a smoothie kick now for about a year and a half or more now. I wonder when I'll move on to the next thing?

Lunch is more varied but it tends to be in the same family of either soup or a salad or a "snack" lunch (basically random oddities)

Donna
My son claims our blender wakes him up. I am wondering about making one at night , sticking it in the freezer and then putting it in the fridge while I exercise.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 07-21-23, 01:45 PM  
donnamp

I think you can do that, Sherry!! My daughter would frequently freeze her smoothies.

Donna
Old 07-21-23, 02:52 PM  
alisoncooks

In general, I do like a plan! I am a planner by nature. Speaking of meals, I literally have a 10-week menu planned out with dinner meals/recipes scheduled. I get to the end of those 10 weeks, and then just start back over. I never have to wonder what to cook for dinner or what to shop for each week.

As for workouts, I always have a general plan: 3 days cardio alternating with 3 days strength. It’s just when I start plugging in the strength workouts that things fall apart. If left to my own devices, I just keep on using Kaleigh Cohen (and that’s fine!) but sometimes I think I should do XYZ or whatever…that rarely sticks.
Old 07-26-23, 08:32 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have the same problem. If I go all out with either cardio or strength (especially lower body) I simply have to back off one or the other. I'm older and simply have limits on what my body can handle.
Old 07-26-23, 08:42 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I like to follow a rotation because I can measure my progress and it keeps me on track. I don't waste time trying to figure out what I want to do. I'm currently 8 weeks into a 90 day rotation. But, I think there is no harm in modifying a rotation to suit you. Or, if you want to take one day (cheat meal) off of said rotation to play with whatever distraction you're itching to do, get that out of your system and pick up where you left off.

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Tags
rotationally challenged, rotations