Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 07-16-23, 03:14 AM  
Negin

Thank you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Cory Everson uses a 2x4 also and it's nice and stable. I bought 2 from the hardware store, and they're maybe 3' long.
I think that this probably the most practical for me. Thank you.
Old 07-16-23, 06:59 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
A yoga wedge would work and be comfortable.
I love this idea.
Old 07-16-23, 10:30 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Another idea if you're desperate, is to wear a pair of shoes with moderate high heels.
Old 07-16-23, 11:11 AM  
prettyinpink

I used to use weight plates, but now my favorite is an exercise pad. I think on Amazon it was called a yoga balance pad. I got it for skater squats and for under my knees for a couple of other exercises, but what I use it the most for is heel-elevated squats and for under the toes on calf raises.
Old 07-16-23, 12:11 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
I used to use weight plates, but now my favorite is an exercise pad. I think on Amazon it was called a yoga balance pad. I got it for skater squats and for under my knees for a couple of other exercises, but what I use it the most for is heel-elevated squats and for under the toes on calf raises.
That's really helpful. Thank you! Is it something like this? I wonder what size I should get.
Old 07-16-23, 02:11 PM  
prettyinpink

The one I have is by ProSource Fitness and is XL size, 18.75” x 15”.

I probably could get by with the next smaller size for squats, but I haven’t tried any others, I just ordered online. A smaller one would be better for dumbbell hip thrusts and glute bridges, so for that I still use a towel, but otherwise it is a good size for what I use it for. It’s very sturdy and doesn’t pop up on the opposite side for me, except for calf raises I do push it against wall or furniture and put a weight on each size just to be sure.

Hope you find something that you like.

I like the heel-elevated squats for something different, but they don’t feel so different to me that I want to go out of my way to do them over regular squats. If you look around at fitness articles, there are opinions on pluses and minuses to doing them, but I haven’t seen that anyone give a convincing reason for most people to do them, so if they didn’t feel good to me I wouldn’t do them.

There are weight lifting shoes that come with a small removable heel lift, too. There are arguments in the strength training world over whether these should be used or not.
Old 07-16-23, 05:08 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
The one I have is by ProSource Fitness and is XL size, 18.75” x 15.
I think it’s the same one that Jessica Smith uses in her workouts. This is from her Amazon store.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NYVPC9X...s_mixed_m_asin

I’d like to get one. Right now I use a small throw pillow.
Old 07-16-23, 07:01 PM  
loulou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I think it’s the same one that Jessica Smith uses in her workouts. This is from her Amazon store.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NYVPC9X...s_mixed_m_asin

I’d like to get one. Right now I use a small throw pillow.
I have that one in the large size. It measures about 18 3/4” x 15 1/4” x 2 5/8”.
It’s pretty firm. I just tried it for elevated squats and it works well. Compression is minimal. I use it to stand on for exercises the Orthopedic Dr. gave me for the knee and IT band.
Old 07-17-23, 04:27 AM  
Negin

Thank you all so much! I'll order one with our next bunch of orders.

Tags
caroline girvan, caroline girvan iron, heel elevated squats, heels elevated, squats