Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 07-01-23, 04:46 AM  
Negin

Caroline Girvan - Low Impact/No Push-Ups

The other day, I randomly did this Caroline Girvan leg workout. Afterwards, and still up to now, I've been thinking, "This is how I want a workout to feel." I really should stick with her more.

Now, in all my years of being here on VF, the thought of sticking to one rotation/challenge/program/instructor has never appealed to me. I tend to do my own thing and am a bit all-over-the-place. Not to say that I don't stick with structure. It just happens to be own plan.

Some of Caroline's workouts intimidate me. I can't handle jumping, intense moves, push-ups (how I wish that she would label her workouts or playlists that don't have push-ups).

For those of you who are familiar with CG, are there any playlists, rotations, or specific workouts that you can recommend?

I'd love to find those that:
  • Have little to no jumping
  • Nothing overly complicated or advanced
  • No push-ups, or, at the very least, few of them
  • Nothing too fast and intense

I often think about her app, but am not sure if it would be suitable for me. Plus, some mentioned a few glitches, which they've hopefully worked out by now.
Old 07-01-23, 07:40 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Iron. All weight lifting.
Old 07-01-23, 08:17 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Iron. All weight lifting.
Thank you!

I wish that I'd put the title for this thread as "Caroline Girvan - Low Impact/No Push-Ups" or something like that. I don't know how to change title headings.
Old 07-01-23, 10:53 AM  
bubbles76

Yep, Iron is your best bet. There are a few pushups and burpees sprinkled in, but very few. I avoid higher impact or find ways to easily modify because of my bad knees, and I really enjoyed this rotation. I actually wanted more pushups, and was disappointed that there weren't that many so this would be great for you . I don't enjoy pushups, but I know I need to get better at them.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 07-01-23, 12:47 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, Iron seems to be the big favorite. I loved it, and I keep meaning to look up exactly when I was doing it -- I think I was feeling better/more energetic those days. I added in my own cardio.

Have fun!
Old 07-01-23, 06:46 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I did Iron 3 days a week. Added 2 days of my own cardio. A 6 week rotation becomes a 10 week rotation. It's not bad really. I don't feel overwhelmed with all Caroline every day.
Old 07-01-23, 08:41 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
I wish that I'd put the title for this thread as "Caroline Girvan - Low Impact/No Push-Ups" or something like that. I don't know how to change title headings.
Choose "Edit" and then "Go Advanced." If you act fast enough (I don't know the exact time limit), the second line from the top will allow you to change the thread title.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
Old 07-02-23, 03:14 AM  
ellaenchanted

Iron and Beastmode are probably her more traditional weight lifting programs. I don't consider her heavy lifting though, too many reps and rests are too short iwhen doing the same exercise in straight sets. For me, she is more endurance and hypertrophy. I recently did Epic 1 because I hadn't done an endurance rotation in a long time and it was good to get back to it. You can keep evrything low impact or do some other form of cardio.
Old 07-02-23, 12:56 PM  
Negin

Thank you all so much for your helpful replies, as well as for the tip on how to change the subject heading. I really appreciate everyone's feedback.

Tags
caroline girvan, caroline girvan app, heavy lifting, heavy weights workouts, lifting heavy