Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-25-23, 08:52 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
I own (and have done) all of these workouts.

Band DVD:

These are all high-rep workouts and except for Beginner Loop they move pretty quickly. As you can see in the clips, she often works multiple muscles at the same time. I can’t compare her band workouts to others except for classic Pilates. Her mat workouts are very different from classic Pilates mat and she uses the band differently. As for barre, Total 20 Total Loop is a barre workout with the resistance loop. The other workouts aren’t barre workouts per se, but many of them include some barre-style exercises - for example, as a set of standing lower body work with the chair, a pretzel series on the mat, or c-curve abs. At least some of these are on YT, so you could try before you buy.
I agree that Linda's Pilates workouts are not classic Pilates. If I want a real Pilates workout I go elsewhere. The Barre workouts do indeed tend to have just a few barre moves per workout. This is good as far as I am concerned because I am not a huge fan of Barre workouts.
FYI and not related to the OP's question, my notes indicate that the Tighten It series uses the bands and are in the 30 minute range. Most of the workouts were good except for Outer thighs and upper body one which was much harder on the upper body than on the lower body since she didn't use resistance at all on the lower body. You could always just add resistance to make it more balanced.

ETA: I agree try some of these on YT if you can.
Old 06-25-23, 11:11 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Oh, now you have me wanting the Mobility Series!
That’s what I was thinking after seeing that second clip.

I tried some of her workouts a long time ago but didn’t click with many of them. But the clip looks interesting and I like the description of slower pace and fewer reps compared to the rest of her work. Thank you for that review, @Colleen.

Tags
band workouts, barlates, dislike, linda stejskal, linda wooldridge, linda wooldridge sale, mobility, mobility workouts