Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-18-21, 04:09 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
This is my current playlist for riding my bike, rebounding, dancing, running...

Song/Group

Power - EXO
Save - NCT 127
You Problem - Monsta X
Go Big or Go Home - Enhypen
LMLY - Jackson Wang
Magic - TXT
Tamed Dashed - Enhypen
100 - SuperM
Santa Monica - NIK
No Rules - TXT
Famous - Taemin
Drunk Dazed - Enhypen
DNA - BTS
Criminal - Taemin
9 and 3 Quarters - TXT
Baila Con Ox - Omega X
Danger - Taemin
Utopia - Ateez
What's Goin On - Omega X
Blue Hour - TXT
MIROH - Stray Kids
Rock With You - Seventeen
Summer Breeze - SF9
BingBing - Oneus
Ready To Love - Seventeen
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I've never heard of any of these groups . I really need to update my collection.
Old 12-18-21, 04:41 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I've never heard of any of these groups . I really need to update my collection.

Louise, I am with you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 12-18-21, 06:04 PM  
Jo FitFan
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Wow, I was surprised to see my name when I opened up the forum today! Laura, thank you for starting this thread, and everybody, thank you for jumping in with suggestions! I'd love to put together a playlist that makes me want to dance, and/or energizes me into scrubbing bubbles mode while I'm cleaning the house. (Full disclosure, I've never put together a play list before, but getting a trial of Apple music soon and want to take full advantage of it.). Newer/older/rock/disco/electronica - if there's a song that makes you want to move I'd love to hear it!
Old 12-18-21, 08:11 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I just sent you a note asking if you had seen this thread. Glad you found it. I hope you find some ideas to create a playlist that gets you movin', groovin', and dancin'.

Some songs (all old) that work for me include:

Footloose
Get Outta My Dreams. Get Into My Car
The Little Old Lady From Pasadena
Flashdance... What a Feeling

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Old 12-18-21, 10:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Oh thank goodness! I thought it was just me!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-19-21, 03:59 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo FitFan View Post
Hi everyone! Wow, I was surprised to see my name when I opened up the forum today! Laura, thank you for starting this thread, and everybody, thank you for jumping in with suggestions! I'd love to put together a playlist that makes me want to dance, and/or energizes me into scrubbing bubbles mode while I'm cleaning the house. (Full disclosure, I've never put together a play list before, but getting a trial of Apple music soon and want to take full advantage of it.). Newer/older/rock/disco/electronica - if there's a song that makes you want to move I'd love to hear it!
I haven't chimed in because more often than not in my exercise room I just tell Siri to play some music for me. If there's a song I don't like or doesn't fit what I'm doing, I tell her to skip it. Over time she seems to have learned my taste and it works pretty well. Jo FitFan, you can try that once your trial is going. Oh, and there are plenty of playlists you can find on apple music -- already put together. Have fun exploring!
Old 12-23-21, 12:26 AM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
One thing she wanted from me was a list of songs I put on to dance around to.
Jo FitFan, here are a few that came to mind for me:

Un Canto Por Mexico - El Musical - Natalia Lafourcade
I watched this video recently and felt like dancing along. This is in Spanish. If you like it, here are some of her songs that are good to dance to: Tu Si Sabes Quererme, Danza de Gardenias, Nunca Es Suficiente, Mi Religion, Aventurera

Telepathy - BTS
I dance along to this when I listen to the BTS BE album, but I also often listen to this song on its own. I really like this song to dance and/or jump along to, so I put it on when I need a pick-me-up. It's in Korean. This is my favorite performance of it. It's the last song and not the whole thing, but if you turn on the CC you can see some of the lyrics.

Cool - Troye Sivan
Dance to This - Troye Sivan
These are the ones I dance along to while I'm listening to the albums they're on.

These are some of my favorite artists, so I like to put on one of their albums and listen to the whole thing (especially when I'm cooking or cleaning).

Sometimes I like to put on a video on YouTube and click through the recommendations. This is one I like to start with when I'm in a dancing mood:
Say So - Doja Cat

I listen to a lot of music, but these were the ones that came to mind that I dance along to. I don't usually dance unless I'm alone, though

For cleaning, I used to have pet rats and would listen to this mixtape often while I cleaned their cage. The mixtape is about 20 minutes (it's mostly in Korean).
Hope World by J-Hope

And here are a few more for cleaning or dancing:
Mermaids & Poets - Ruby Summer
Midnight Queens - Ruby Summer
French Kisses - Ruby Summer
Dancing in the Moonlight (2001 remix) - Toploader
Tú - maye

I wasn't sure which Ruby Summer song to recommend, so I just listed the 3 songs I like.

ETA: I should probably clarify the songs I listed above aren't necessarily for fitness, just ones I like to dance around to randomly or listen to when I cook/clean
Old 12-23-21, 12:34 AM  
Venus

Quote:
I'm a BTS fan, so I've heard of most of these groups (though I haven't heard most of the songs) Here's a K-pop song I remember liking to dance/jump around to when I was feeling sluggish:

Energetic - Wanna One
Old 12-23-21, 10:51 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Venus - Thanks for posting so many ideas!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO

Tags
music, music playlist