Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-14-17, 09:55 PM  
pricek

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Hi Salamander,
I think you have an achievable goal in the 2 1/2 month time frame. The key is to tighten up the nutritional aspect by dumping the sugar and processed foods as much as possible. My personal experience in my journey to achieve what I like aesthetically, nutrition aside, included some sort of weight training 5 days/ week which often included circuits (ie Cathe's RWH), and adding hiit intervals on the treadmill twice weekly at the gym for 30 minutes - really slimmed/ toned the thighs. This was done in a class which also included rowing/ floor work for a metabolic effect and after burn. I lost 5 lbs in the first month at this gym unintentionally. So I agree with your plan of adding Hiit cardio to shed the layer of fat and retain lean muscle, and increase your strength training to add more muscle so you burn more calories even at rest. I'm 50 and post menopausal and had my body fat tested professionally last week and it's at it's lowest ever (<15%). This is while doing mainly Cathe and Booty Extreme 2 along with joining this gym one year ago. I eat tons but very clean, no gluten due to intolerance, occasional cheat meals and wine to keep me happy lol. I'm not suggesting this low fat % should be a goal for anyone as it's below normal but simply reinforcing that your personal goal is possible with consistency, focus and dedication. Hawaii will be fabulous!
Good luck,
Jamie
Excellent!! Especially the wine=happiness. May I add sane!
Old 09-15-17, 09:16 AM  
noodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily B View Post
So how did you mix up the weights? All metabolic, some metabolic and some straight lifting? Total body or splits?
For a couple years I was doing splits with 2 upper body/week, legs 3 times/week as Ingrid does in Booty extreme 2 (would alternate plyo leg/ straight weights/ band and floor work) and some hiit cardio between. Now since Cathe's strong and sweaty came out I've come to like getting the upper body done in one day, then 2 leg days, and add one total body/week like PHA or the new Bootcamp. My twice weekly gym workouts are more metabolic in nature and Hiit cardio - I go in the evening but still keep up my morning workouts as there's not enough resistance training in these classes. Still manage to get one rest day in. Not a schedule that would work for alot of people but now that my son is older I have the extra time and love working out.
Jamie
Old 09-15-17, 10:56 AM  
Salamander

This is a great informative thread!

I have been enjoying KCM's You Tube channel lately. She has a few "Raw" workouts. I also have one of her DVDs (Slim Sculpting) using a kettlebell. I have a 10lb. but it's getting easy (for swings) so my next purchase will be a 15 lb.
Old 09-15-17, 02:33 PM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

Sounds like a great plan. I would love to know some of your favorite workouts to work the body parts!

Quote:
For a couple years I was doing splits with 2 upper body/week, legs 3 times/week as Ingrid does in Booty extreme 2 (would alternate plyo leg/ straight weights/ band and floor work) and some hiit cardio between. Now since Cathe's strong and sweaty came out I've come to like getting the upper body done in one day, then 2 leg days, and add one total body/week like PHA or the new Bootcamp. My twice weekly gym workouts are more metabolic in nature and Hiit cardio - I go in the evening but still keep up my morning workouts as there's not enough resistance training in these classes. Still manage to get one rest day in. Not a schedule that would work for alot of people but now that my son is older I have the extra time and love working out.
Jamie
Old 09-16-17, 06:29 AM  
Tugger31

Here's a response Cathe had to a similar question...

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/your-...minute.295091/
Old 09-16-17, 08:13 AM  
Sharaz

I consider the workouts Cathe refers as metabolic, as cardio. Interval workouts produce the same effect of afterburn. Basically, she recommends keep lifting heavy and adding cardio as I mentioned up tread.

Cathe mentioned Gym Style. I prefer FB because burns more calories. More calories = greater deficit = faster results.

I consider doing body parts splits a waste of time for fat loss because burns less calories. I can loss fat by eating even more less. Why I would do that with Body Beast
Old 09-16-17, 08:41 AM  
Sharaz

The only body parts split that I would consider for fat loss is lifting and adding cardio bursts as...

Jim Stoppani - Shorcut to Shred
JNL Fusion
Old 09-16-17, 04:28 PM  
noodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily B View Post
Sounds like a great plan. I would love to know some of your favorite workouts to work the body parts!
Hi Emily
I like to rotate the following leg dvds twice weekly: bootyX 2 plyo legs and glutes; cathe ice chiseled lower body (I use heavier weights); RWH legs: strong and sweaty giant sets ( double lower premix); high and tight from Brazil butt lift just to hit the smaller supporting muscles.
Upper body I like: ramped up upper body; giant sets double upper premix ; booty X2 has 2 workouts but i add more back and chest exercises as they're a little lacking; RWH upper circuit
Total body: alternate PHA, bootcamp from both strong and sweaty and the fit tower one.
Occasionally I'll throw in one of the horizontal conditioning workouts or straight cardio like cathes plyo hiit or cardio slam. I can't keep up with all cathe's workouts lol!
Hope that helps
Jamie
Old 09-16-17, 08:46 PM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

Thanks so much!

Quote:
Hi Emily
I like to rotate the following leg dvds twice weekly: bootyX 2 plyo legs and glutes; cathe ice chiseled lower body (I use heavier weights); RWH legs: strong and sweaty giant sets ( double lower premix); high and tight from Brazil butt lift just to hit the smaller supporting muscles.
Upper body I like: ramped up upper body; giant sets double upper premix ; booty X2 has 2 workouts but i add more back and chest exercises as they're a little lacking; RWH upper circuit
Total body: alternate PHA, bootcamp from both strong and sweaty and the fit tower one.
Occasionally I'll throw in one of the horizontal conditioning workouts or straight cardio like cathes plyo hiit or cardio slam. I can't keep up with all cathe's workouts lol!
Hope that helps
Jamie

Tags
body beast results, body fat, build muscle and lose fat, sibo, weights only