Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-30-17, 12:59 PM  
gladgirl

[QUOTE=donnamp;2614410]Sue - update! I think I may be getting a rash. My skin can be really weird b/c i can use something for awhile and not react, but then all of a sudden a reaction. I also wonder if the winter or upcoming change in seasons is to blame but, I looked up some of the ingredients and one -calendula is related to ragweed.

Donna, I used to use a product called CamoCare soothing cream...had calendula and it was the only thing that helped soothe and eventually heal irritated red skin around both nostrils. I have extremely sensitive skin on my whole face and got this irritation from a bad cold that lasted a long time. I love calendula as an ingredient for my redness to soothe and heal.
Old 01-30-17, 04:09 PM  
Titus2woman

My girls and I love, LOVE deodorant from an etsy seller who's on vacation right now: AncientBathandBody. I buy patchouli, and my daughters like the lilac. It's about $8.50 BUT LASTS ME AN ENTIRE YEAR!!!!! I also use one of her eye shadows regularly (it's a smoky color), and my husband uses her beard balm. She has an eczema/psoriasis salve I'd like to try on one of my sons.

Lindsay Makes That, which you can find on fb, is a friend of mine that makes a very luscious, whipped, body butter that I love! I mostly use it on my face, and it lasts more than a year that way. She also makes a remineralizing (is that word right?) toothpaste that is AMAZING!!!! (I happen to be very funny about toothpaste.)

My favorite Pinterest thing is using balls of aluminum foil in the dryer in place of fabric softener or dryer sheets. It's cheap and very effective!

I'm a Shaklee rep, and I love their home cleaning products and have used them for 25+ years. I find they are very economical, and I need that with a family of eight. Every once in a while I make a Dr. Bronner's cleaning recipe or add an essential oil, because I want to leave behind a smell, but I always go back to my Shaklee. I also sub in hydrogen peroxide sometimes. For the record, I find that I do not use their beauty products, as they are NOT cost effective, and I have friends that make great stuff (mentioned above)! Their sunscreen is tops and safe even to swim with dolphins, and their herbal cream is great for a variety of ailments. BTW~their cream deodorant works great, but I hate putting my fingers in it. Their roll-on is not enough for me.

For my wood floors I like to use hot water, lemon juice, and olive oil.

Do you want to know for sickness, too? That's another long and crazy list! LOL!

That's all I can think of so far... Love this thread!!!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Old 01-30-17, 07:22 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Lora these sound divine! I'm going to see if they have a sampler pack. I love lotions and butters and soaps!
I know they give you samples with each order....You may be able to request something! I swear by their products.

Prior to that...I used www.lushusa.com, however, their prices are out of control for me since I haven't worked for the past few years.
Old 02-13-17, 06:40 PM  
donnamp

Lora - Shea Terra is having a sale, is there anything you recommend? I have oily/combo skin -

I feel overwhelmed by all they have to offer!

Has anyone tried any of these products?

http://everydaycoconut.com/

I'm still experimenting w/ homemade but I wound up with a major ant invasion after making some honey cleanser and I'm pretty anal about wiping up spills and keeping the bathroom and kitchen counters clean.

I did make some homemade cleaning products from the site I mentioned up thread and have gotten some good results with them. Who knew baking soda and lemon juice could clean my sink better than commercial cleanser?

Donna
Old 02-13-17, 07:34 PM  
rvagal

I used to buy a deodorant on Etsy that I LOVE but sadly the person who makes it has health issues and is taking a (perhaps permanent) hiatus. So I've had to try my hand at making my own -- it's baking soda, arrowroot, zinc oxide, coconut oil, cocoa butter, beeswax, and essential oils. The zinc oxide is hard to clean off so I've had to get separate bowls and cups just for this project. But I've had fun playing around with the scents and consistency.

I am not a DIY person in the least but desperate times call for desperate measures . . . I've never found another natural deodorant that works like this. If you use sage oil it even reduces sweating over time and the zinc oxide reacts with short fatty acids that are the cause of odor. I feel much drier using this versus any of the other natural ones like Schmidt's or Pit Paste. Yes, many people have sensitivity to baking soda (and that's the first ingredient) but I use Bob's Red Mill and it's not an issue for me even with my sensitive skin and allergies. I have a slight tingling with my own after a shower/shave versus the one I used to buy but it's hardly noticeable.

Tags
beauty thread, deodorants, green living, natural cleaning products, natural deodorants, natural hair care, natural skin care