Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 11-15-15, 08:57 PM  
isebelleg44

Reviving Old Thread

I am still enjoying Udaya and because of it I do yoga regularly. I have loved many practices since I last posted here. Calvin Corzine has become one of my favorite instructors on the site and I did one of his practices today, that was pure perfection. It's a forty minute routine called One Part At A Time and was so yummy. It stretched me out so well and I loved the pace! A favorite that I will return to. And to think, I didn't like Calvin, the first time I tried one of his practices!

Anyone else still enjoying Udaya?

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
Old 01-02-17, 01:17 PM  
desertMermaid

OLD Threat Alert

I am new to Udaya.com, I signed up over a week ago. I made notes from this thread to plan out my future selections.

I have done a couple by Jules, I don't really like her personality, she giggles at odd times, but she does make you work in different ways. I totally appreciate that. So, I'm sure I'll be trying some of her others.

I've been sticking with shorter classes (30-40 minutes) mostly, and I've been walking, hiking, biking in addition.

I have enjoyed every practice I've done so far. I really liked Adam Husler's Pincha breakdown, very core and upper body intensive. I didn't get into the pose, but I tried my best. He has a few other classes on Udaya, he's in the "across the pond" section.

This is what I've done so far:
Fri 12/23 - Caley Alyssa - Expansion: Fluid Movement (30:42)
Sat 12/24 - Caley Alyssa - YogInternals – Yoga to Increase Libido & Fertility (42:37)
sun 12/25 - Rudy Mettia - Find Your Balance (37:38)
Mon 12/26 - Byron de Marsé - Add 1 Flow (40:25)
Tue 12/27 - Jules Mitchell - Not So Eazy Breezy (36:50)
Wed 12/28 - Michelle Goldstein - Mellow Flow (42:51)
Thu 12/29 - Vytas Baskauskas - Deepen the Squat (40:58)
Fri 12/30 - Lauren Peterson Happy Hips (40:01)
Sat 12/31 - Rudy Mettia - Core Meltdown (22:18)
Sun 1/1 - Adam Husler - Pincha Breakdown (40:17)
Mon 1/2 - Jules Mitchell - Ankles Feet Stretch Repeat (53:12)
Old 01-02-17, 06:05 PM  
missmomus

I've been subscribed for about 6 months. My favorite instructors are Temitope, Christi Christensen, Emily-Clare Hill, Andres Salcedo, and of course Vytas. They are all very different in terms of style, but I haven't disliked any of their classes. Michael James Wong is great too, but his stuff is mostly too advanced for me. I also love Justin's Power Hour and Jeff Beaudoin's Yinduction. There is still so much to explore and I often have a hard time deciding if I want to try something new, or do a favorite class again.

I love the site and it's the #1 thing that has kept me consistent with yoga this time around. But I do wish they would add a few more classes in the 30-40 minute range. 20 minutes rarely feels like enough, and 1 hour can feel daunting on many days. The selection is still very good, though.
Old 01-02-17, 06:12 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmomus View Post

20 minutes rarely feels like enough, and 1 hour can feel daunting on many days.
I totally agree with this statement. Thats exactly how i feel.

I'll have to try yinduction. I do all styles of yoga, as i have a wide range of goals. But yin is the only type i can get hubby to do with me. So i love finding new yin routines. Michael's stuff all seems to be level 4. I stick with 2 and 3. Justin's is one that was mentioned a few times earlier in the thread and is on my todo list.

Tags
twisting, udaya, vytas baskauskas