Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-28-16, 06:56 AM  
Tugger31

Question Results from Cathe's Rock Bottoms rotations

For those that have done any of Cathe's Rock Bottoms rotations, what were the results you had in your Quads? Did your thighs lean out too in addition to getting a rounder butt, or did your quads "bulk" up?? Did you see more roundness in the butt? And as I'm a true believer of different results for different bodies, could you please share your body type (ie endo, meso) OR share what you were doing before to achieve results for comparison. Thanks!
Old 08-28-16, 07:51 AM  
bubbles76

I'm a pear. I don't gain muscle easily in my lower body but do for upper body. I think I'm somewhere between an ecto and a meso. I can never really tell with these quizzes. I tried two rock bottoms rotations. However, because of knee problems, I didn't tack on the extra 300 lunges a day or whatever other madness that was I still got results: hard, tight legs that slimmed down and a lifted booty. I was looking for bigger legs with more definition, but that didn't happen. However, I was still happy with the results. I got a bit of definition in the calves and decreased the cellulite.

ETA: This is what I posted on Cathe.com after nearly completing her four week February 2012 Rock Bottoms Rotation.

I am now about two days from finishing this rotation, and my results have been amazing! I have waaayy less cellulite on my legs (which I wasn't even looking to change so that's a bonus), my calves have a little more definition, and my thighs are rock hard My stomach is not as flat as I'd like, but my lower half is really coming along great. Oh, and I lost 4 pounds, which I wasn't trying to lose, and my upper body has gotten a bit more definition.

This rotation from February 2012 didn't require the extra 300 walking lunges a day. I think some of her other Rock Bottom ones do though.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 08-28-16, 08:21 AM  
Tugger31

I'm think I'm a Meso with a big fat layer I need to get rid of! I gain fat more in my lower body so I think when I look in the mirror I appear to be pear-shaped but if I stripped away the fat I think I'd be more of a meso. I gain muscle easily and lose fat slowly. My quads are too big, but b/c I have large muscle mass and a layer of fat I'm always looking at ways to reduce both but the process seems the opposite for each goal. Thanks for your comments! (I get that diet helps with body fat, even when my diet is clean I struggle with my dilemma)
Old 08-28-16, 08:48 AM  
bubbles76

I get it. I also gain fat more in the lower body. As far as what I was doing before to achieve those results - running. But I couldn't run anymore so didn't have those same results. How tall are you?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 08-28-16, 09:29 AM  
Tugger31

I'm 5'1" and 135 lbs. I tried running but b/c of knee issues I wasn't really ever able to run the longer distances that I think are needed to help my quads. I tried plyo which helps with the calorie burn, but the explosive moves make my quad muscles bigger. I tried long distance endurance running, but can never get much past 2-3 miles without chronic knee pain. I tried barre, but it seemed to atrophy my quad muscles a bit too much. I liked the somewhat smaller quad size, but it was softer, musher quad muscle so I looked more flabby and I don't get the calorie burn with barre either. Not sure what the solution is. And though I "embrace" my shape/size etc etc, nothing wrong with improvement so I'm not giving up!

Tags
cathe, cathe rotations, rock bottoms