Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-26-15, 04:38 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Tags Q

I've learned how to tag threads. But, how do I find tags? I've been clicking on a thread that I know is tagged so I can click on the tag.... I get the feeling that I'm missing something. Also, the forum search function doesn't recognize tag words. Just try entering 21 day fix, for example. The search request bounces back b/c everything is too common and too short.
Old 08-26-15, 04:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

if you go to the search button (top band of the VF screen), click on the down arrow, and one of the links is "tag search."

a new screen will appear. in the field for "tag search", begin typing

21 day fix

and the tags that have those search terms at the beginning of the tag will appear as possibilities (like an auto fill sort of).

when "21 day fix" shows up, click on it, then click on the "search" button to the right of the field, and all of the threads will show up.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 08-26-15, 04:45 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thanks, Jeannine! I knew I had seen the "tag cloud" somewhere but couldn't find it - it pops up when you hit tag search without entering a tag name.
Old 08-26-15, 04:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you're welcome!

sometimes, people don't bother to tag a thread! so I've gone to google and typed in this:

21 day fix videofitness.com

and voila, threads! then I click on the results and if the thread is not tagged, I add a tag to it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.

Tags
search, tags