Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-18-15, 08:58 AM  
bubbles76

Gin Miller - Simply Workouts - Worth It?

Hi all! After hearing about Gin Miller's sale, I am considering the following workouts:
  • Simply Circuit
  • Simply Endurance
  • Simply Step

But I have questions. On Simply Step and Simply Circuit, I understand that the choreography is pretty basic. How basic is basic? For reference, I enjoy Jenny Ford's Step by Step 3, but it is right on the edge of almost too basic (especially this one part in the middle, but it picks up). But I do like it, and it's good for morning workouts when I just want to zone out. However, I would not be able to endure a workout like Gilad's Step Aerobics Workout or Kathy Smith's Step Workout.

As for Simply Endurance, is it different enough from Simply Strong and Seriously Strong that I can work it into a Gin rotation and it won't feel like I've got the same workout?

Thanks all!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 06-18-15, 07:08 PM  
bubbles76

Anyone
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 06-18-15, 07:28 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Hmmmm...I can only weigh in on Simply Step, as I'm not familiar with the other two. Simply Step is 62 min, so it's pretty much an endurance workout itself. As to whether the moves are too basic? That's subjective of course--I would say they're basic, but varied. In addition to simple steps & knee ups, you walk or run around the step, there are kicks, jumping jacks (on the floor, not the step), and repeaters with "monkey arms" and some other moves.

This workout has been in my rotation for a long time; DH did it with me a couple of times, but said, "I can't do it again--it just goes on & on." And it does. But if you enjoy step and you enjoy Gin (and I do ), it's worth having this dvd.

Hope this helps you decide.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Old 06-18-15, 07:43 PM  
bfit

I tried Simply Endurance and Simply Circuit and did not like them. I thought they were repetitive and boring. I do like Simply Step and use that regularly. It's basically one huge combo with lots of TIFTing. I like the routine, and I would call it intermediate in terms of the choreography, but if you don't like "taking it from the top" several times you probably wouldn't like it.
Old 06-18-15, 08:02 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

The Simply workouts I own are Circuit and Strong. For Circuit yes the choreography is basic but Gin always progresses moves and gets tougher. It is not like some Cathe style circuits with loads of choreography. It has been a long time time since I have done these but my notes inside say 8 inch step, thick mat for the bench abs and weights 2 times 6 pounds, 2 times 8 pounds and 1 times 11 pounds. From memory it is different enough from the Strong and Strength workouts.
On my Strong and Strength workouts I use much heavier equipment. Sorry can't
be of more help...

On the back cover of Circuit it reads, Take care, this workout is simple, but tough!
Old 06-18-15, 08:14 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks so much for the feedback! I have purchased the following:
  • Simply Interval
  • Simply Step
  • Simply Strong
  • Simply Endurance.

They are going OOP, so I don't feel as guilty. I skipped Simply Circuit. I need some laughter in my life right now and Gin seems to be the girl for that. Can't wait to mix in some of her cardio workouts with STS (already have Extreme Step and Intense Moves that I haven't tried yet).
Old 06-18-15, 10:01 PM  
Lulu Belle

Sounds like some great choices to me! I also need some joy and laughter - maybe Gin could be my cure!
Old 06-19-15, 06:21 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I only have Simply Step, and I use it when I want a longer workout that keeps me on the lower end of my training zone. It's great for that. It is repetitive, however, so I only do it every once in a while.
Old 06-19-15, 07:05 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I only have Simply Step, and I use it when I want a longer workout that keeps me on the lower end of my training zone. It's great for that. It is repetitive, however, so I only do it every once in a while.
Agree. I'm a choreo klutz and I picked it up right away. I'd call the step choreography beginner level but the cardio intermediate. FUN workout, though!

Tags
gin miller, simply circuit, simply endurance, simply interval, simply step