Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-03-14, 02:11 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Question about Leslie's 3 Mile Power Walk. I read that the DVD of this workout had some glitches. Has it been re-released and the glitches corrected? Is this the series with the 3 Mile Power Walk? http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone...ile+power+walk
That's an OOP workout that was transferred from a VHS tape, I believe. It's never been re-released and I doubt it will be. The picture is fuzzy and it freezes for a second every five minutes. However, it's a great workout. Leslie uses weighted gloves the entire time and does many more arm movements (with more variety) than in her other workouts. It's a three mile walk that flies by because each mile was filmed separately. In other words: they wear different clothes in each mile.
Old 08-03-14, 05:02 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
Kathy Smith's Matrix Walk uses weights for 40 of the 50 minutes. Also, in the Biggest Loser Power Walk there are four one mile segments - one of them uses weights and the other one uses a medicine ball. There is a very old Leslie Sansone workout that I originally had on VHS called 3 Mile Power Walk that used weights for the entire workout. You can find a lot of the old Leslies repackaged or retitled and on DVD. Finally, there's the Leslie Sansone DVD called Burn Body Fat that uses light weights for almost the entire workout - it includes a 1 mile walk, a 2 mile walk, and 3 mile walk.
I keep forgetting about the Kathy Smith Matrix walk! It is really a good cardio workout!
Sherry
Old 08-03-14, 09:19 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
That's an OOP workout that was transferred from a VHS tape, I believe. It's never been re-released and I doubt it will be. The picture is fuzzy and it freezes for a second every five minutes. However, it's a great workout. Leslie uses weighted gloves the entire time and does many more arm movements (with more variety) than in her other workouts. It's a three mile walk that flies by because each mile was filmed separately. In other words: they wear different clothes in each mile.
Thank you for the info.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Old 08-04-14, 08:51 AM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
I use this one a lot!
Leslie Sansone Burn Body Fat DVD

I also use this one a lot. Mostly with weighted gloves, but i think i can and should easily add more weight.

Last edited by PennyK; 08-04-14 at 08:56 AM. Reason: additional response

Tags
walking with weights, weighted walking