Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 11-07-13, 04:01 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

to practice the art of tagging, or observe tagging in action:

when you read through a thread, go all the way to the bottom to see if it was tagged.

go to the tag search tool and pick something from the tag cloud

go to the tag search tool and type in a word to see if tags were set up, then click on it to see what results show up

again, a thread will not appear in a tag search unless someone had previously tagged it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 11-07-13, 04:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
to practice the art of tagging, or observe tagging in action:

when you read through a thread, go all the way to the bottom to see if it was tagged.

go to the tag search tool and pick something from the tag cloud

go to the tag search tool and type in a word to see if tags were set up, then click on it to see what results show up

again, a thread will not appear in a tag search unless someone had previously tagged it.
Actually, it's even simpler than this!

Just scroll to the bottom of any thread that has tags (like this one!). Click on any of the tags listed--that will immediately bring up a search for ALL threads with that particular tag!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 11-07-13, 05:28 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Actually, it's even simpler than this!

Just scroll to the bottom of any thread that has tags (like this one!). Click on any of the tags listed--that will immediately bring up a search for ALL threads with that particular tag!
yes, true, but you don't get to see the tag cloud. the tag cloud will show the more recent tags that were linked to a thread. note that the cloud doesn't show every single tag created - just the more heavily tagged of late.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 11-07-13, 05:54 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

That's true, Jeannine; I was just trying to offer an even easier way to use the tags.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 11-07-13, 07:47 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
That's true, Jeannine; I was just trying to offer an even easier way to use the tags.
thanks.

please, everyone, try out our suggestions for checking out the tag system!

Old 11-07-13, 09:03 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget Queen View Post
I never knew how to do that. Nor how to search using tags. Reminders are good, because many of us are genuinely clueless about how these things work .
I knew tags existed but I had no idea how to tag a post or thread. Hopefully I will remember to do this in the future.
Old 11-07-13, 09:44 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

also, you don't have to be a thread starter to tag it.

i became a tagger when i was doing a search for something, and tagged as i read through each of the threads that resulted from a regular, non-tag, search effort.

Old 11-08-13, 04:45 AM  
sweatie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
also, you don't have to be a thread starter to tag it.

i became a tagger when i was doing a search for something, and tagged as i read through each of the threads that resulted from a regular, non-tag, search effort.
I've done this too. But you have to be a VF supporter to add tags to a thread someone else started.

Tags
forum feature, forum tip, search, tag, tag search, tags