Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-23-12, 05:56 AM  
Tugger31

Question Is Meta right for me???

Ive read many posts about the various TA Meta programs and I'm still not sure which one, if any targets my body. I'm a meso-pear shape, have rounded butt (aka the opposite of the pancake butt), my abs have a bit of a pooch but overall I can still see my waistline. I carry most of my weight in my thighs. I appear pear-shaped, not sure if more b/c of fat or b/c I just have a larger/wider bone structure there. I have "thunder thighs", always have, but now they look worse. TMI, but my thighs have cellulite in the "thutt" area and now with weight gain over the years, I have it the entire length of my inner thigh (I dont even like to wear shorts anymore). I had read somewhere that Tracey said that if you lift your booty up and your saddlebags disappear then you are Hipcentric. When I do this my saddlebags stay the same, so I'd be more Glutecentric (???), but what about the thighs???? It seems there needs to be a Thighcentric!!

I know I definitely need to work on my diet. Maybe TA Meta isnt for me???? Help!
Old 05-23-12, 06:05 AM  
Cher

I've never tried TA Meta either, but I'm so curious about it. I'm really interested to hear what those familiar with TA have to say. My body sounds pretty much like yours. I really need something for the thigh area!
Old 05-23-12, 06:57 AM  
trixie108

Tugger, your body type sounds exactly like mine!! When I'm thinner, I have an hourglass shape, but when I gain, it mostly goes to my thighs and a little to my hips and abs. And I get cellulite on my thutt and the sides of my thighs. Personally, I'm using Omnicentric. I'm on level 8 and have lost an inch off of both my waist and hips and 2 inches off each thigh.

I haven't seen any of the other centrics, but I don't think you can pick a "wrong" set. Really, she works the entire body in all of the centrics, but just focuses on certain areas with the different sets. Omni works everything. Have you tried doing her body type calculator to see what set they suggest? It told me omni twice, so that's what I got. Hope this helps!!
Old 05-23-12, 08:39 AM  
Erin3369

I think you might have it backwards- it is Glutecentric if you can lift it up and it disappears. If it stays the same, you are more likely to be Hipcentric. But this is if this is the real problem area. If you gain weight all over, then you are supposed to do Omnicentric. When your midsection is the problem, pick the Abcentric. I believe that the Omni and Ab have alot more plank work. In Glute and Hip, you do most of the work on all fours, raising one leg in the air.
I do know that Glutecentric and Hipcentric in Meta are pretty similar. Old threads have shown just how similiar they are. I don't know about Continuity.
Keep looking at old threads. That is what I did.
Old 05-23-12, 09:13 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin3369 View Post
I think you might have it backwards- it is Glutecentric if you can lift it up and it disappears. If it stays the same, you are more likely to be Hipcentric. But this is if this is the real problem area. If you gain weight all over, then you are supposed to do Omnicentric. When your midsection is the problem, pick the Abcentric.
I think that's right. Tugger, it sounds like you are Hipcentric. Some people start Meta with one Centric and switch to another for Continuity, so I would start with Hip, see how it works for you and go from there
Old 05-23-12, 09:46 AM  
chrisqan

I think Hip Meta would be great for you. TA is superb at leaning out the hip area. I also think, just my personal opinion, her method works better on hourglass than straighter figures. I definitely fall into the latter category and after a year, my body has gotten a more boxy shape- not what I wanted. Plus my back has gotten wider from all the planks in Omni. Nonetheless I will continue, because she makes me consistent with exercise. I'm excited to try new moves she comes up with the doing them makes me feel strong.
Old 05-23-12, 01:42 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I also think you're Hipcentric. Also, it's Hip and Omni that share every other level in Meta.
Old 05-23-12, 06:09 PM  
Tugger31

Smile

Thanks for your responses everyone!!

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, ta metamorphosis, tracy anderson