Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-31-12, 11:09 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Amazon now selling DVD-Rs and CD-Rs.

I have noticed that Amazon is selling CD-Rs and DVD-Rs. I don't know when this started. I saw it for some movies and then for a soundtrack CD I was looking for. The discs are created "on demand" and I assume that keeps inventory down.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...=UTF8&pop-up=1

I know that the future of entertainment is downloading everything - books, movies, albums. I'm such a dinosaur, I still like to buy the real deal.

(Also, our satellite internet connection has download limitations. There are no movie downloads here in the sticks!)

So, read the Amazon product page carefully so you know exactly what you are getting.
Old 03-31-12, 11:18 AM  
CharM

Yup, since at least September of 2010. http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=153461
Old 03-31-12, 12:30 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
I know that the future of entertainment is downloading everything - books, movies, albums. I'm such a dinosaur, I still like to buy the real deal.
I'm with you! I noticed the DVD-R thing a while back and I check carefully before I order anything now. I refuse to buy those products.
Old 03-31-12, 12:37 PM  
katalina

I noticed that with Jillian's recent Kickbox DVD. I was shocked when I noticed Amazon was offering an on-demand DVD-R version of the workout. I also don't like DVDs that come with bonus downloadable workouts. Since I already purchased the DVD - would it really be that much trouble for them to include the additional 10 minutes?!

That being said, I need to learn how to do downloads...
Old 03-31-12, 07:20 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Alta!

I was looking at a live cd by the Irish band The Frames (Glen Hansard from the Commitments and the movie "Once" 's band) and then noticed it was made "on demand as a cd-r." I also think it was previously released under another title that I already have, but that is another story

Sherry
Old 04-01-12, 07:14 AM  
PeakFitness

I just noticed this, too. All the Exercise TV workouts on Amazon are produced on demand. The digital download is only a rental. I don't know why they don't let you *buy* the downloads. That's what I really wanted. I'm trying to get away from buying any more DVDs.
Old 04-01-12, 11:16 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Yup, since at least September of 2010. http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=153461
Thanks, I missed that thread.

Tags
amazon, amazon.com, cd-r, dvd-r