Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-19-11, 03:13 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
I heard that Lauren's Vol. 3 is still worth having even if you don't have a TRX. Is that right, enablers?
The upper body and the lower body routines don't use the TRX.
Old 03-19-11, 04:34 PM  
Buffgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
buffgirl - do you have any of the AOS downloads?
No, I don't! I have the DVD's, Providence, The Kettlebell Way to a perfect body 2, Newport and Firepower. I love them all!
Old 03-19-11, 09:52 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
I heard that Lauren's Vol. 3 is still worth having even if you don't have a TRX. Is that right, enablers?
YES!!!!!~

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
Old 01-26-12, 12:25 AM  
dls

k weber extreme cardio 1 or 2, AOS PROVIDENCE OR NEWPORT.

Where can I watch the best video clips of newport and keith Webers extreme cardio 1 and 2. Which is the more advanced WORKOUT WITH A GOOD VARIETY OF EXERCISES? Do these workouts use only one kettlebell? How does providence compare to Newport, is it geared more toward beginners?

For those of you that have these three dvds what is your favorire?

FYI, I have been doing Lauren's new lightning kettlebell dvd and I love it. It is awesom. It is my favorite dvd Lauren has put out. I am geting a lot of use out of it.

I decided I wanted one good ketlebell advanced dvd with a good variety of moves that only uses one KB AND WILL KICK MY BOOTY. I think Keith and Anthony seem like they both would fit the bill.

Please help me decide. This will complete all the dvds I will need for 2012 because I will be alternating with my Kellys and my elliptal too.

Many Thanks my friends,

Deb
Old 01-26-12, 12:44 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Where can I watch the best video clips of newport and keith Webers extreme cardio 1 and 2. I only know of the very short clip of newport on Anthony's site.I only have Keith's first one and have never seen a clip of that one. Which is the more advanced WORKOUT WITH A GOOD VARIETY OF EXERCISES? Do these workouts use only one kettlebell? Both are advanced, use only one kettlebell and have a good variety of exercises. Keiths includes thrusters and turkish getups which are not on Newport, Newport includes some body weight exercises and one core exercise in each round in addition to the kettlebell moves. How does providence compare to Newport, is it geared more toward beginners?Providence is more basic and easier but you can get a great workout with a heavier weight

For those of you that have these three dvds what is your favorire? I get the most use out of Providence but I think I prefer the Keith Weber to Newport. My absolute favorite is Firepower but you need two bells for it.
FYI, I have been doing Lauren's new lightning kettlebell dvd and I love it. It is awesom. It is my favorite dvd Lauren has put out. I am geting a lot of use out of it. I have Lauren's first three,Love #1 and like #2 and 3. Don't have the new one.

I decided I wanted one good ketlebell advanced dvd with a good variety of moves that only uses one KB AND WILL KICK MY BOOTY. I think Keith and Anthony seem like they both would fit the bill. Yes they would. I recommend Keith's. The production quality is not as good as Newport but I like the exercises and format better in Keiths first one.

Please help me decide. This will complete all the dvds I will need for 2012 because I will be alternating with my Kellys and my elliptal too.
Old 01-26-12, 12:53 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Deb,

I love your idea of alternating a kettlebell rotation with KCM (Kelly!)

Sorry, I can't help on Keith's DVD, since I just got his Extreme cardio 1 workout last week (and haven't tried it yet.) I'm so into KCM right now, LOL!

Anthony is a favorite of mine, though. I everything about him. Providence is my most used kettlebell workout. Next, would be Empire State with Beth (and Anthony!)

Providence only uses one kettlebell. Empire State uses two, as does Newport (if I'm remembering correctly?) Some tough body weight stuff with Newport and Firepower, but I might be mixing up those two?

I like the pace of Providence because you can go heavier. I don't think you can go heavy with Keith's, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Pam

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 01-26-12, 01:00 AM  
dls

Thank you Ireidgreen

I think I am ordering Keith Webers extreme kettlebell workout 1.

Thank you so very much. Did ou order from dragon door? I am placing my order tonight.

Deb
Old 01-26-12, 06:20 AM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls View Post

Thank you so very much. Did ou order from dragon door? I am placing my order tonight.

Deb
I think you can only order it from Dragon Door....Good choice! I like Keith's and AOS Newport the same. Both are great workouts!
Old 01-26-12, 08:31 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Deb,

Providence only uses one kettlebell. Empire State uses two, as does Newport (if I'm remembering correctly?) Some tough body weight stuff with Newport and Firepower, but I might be mixing up those two?

I like the pace of Providence because you can go heavier. I don't think you can go heavy with Keith's, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Pam
Empire state can be used with only one kettlebell. Newport uses only one kettlebell. Firepower uses two and also has one or two body weight exercises (plank to push up progression and maybe one other.) And yes, you would have to go with a lighter kettlebell than you are used to for Keith's.

Leslie
Old 01-26-12, 09:01 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls View Post

Deb
You can also get it for $25.00 (used) on Amazon.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates

Tags
aos, keith weber, kettlebell, kettlebells