Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Questions about using this Forum software > VF and Forum software FAQs
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-12-02, 10:01 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Cool New option for viewing threads

Thanks to the magic of a little hack I learned at the vBulletin hacking web site, we now have a new option for viewing threads. (EDIT: this will only work for Internet Explorer users). What it does:

When you click on a thread to view it, the posts that you have already read will be displayed as a post title, author name, and date. The full text of the old posts will not appear. Posts you have NOT read will appear in full. You can always click on the "Expand all" option at the top of an individual thread to see the full text of all posts if you want to refer back to earlier responses. Using this setting should speed download times on very long threads and you won't have to wade through as much text.

By default, this option is turned OFF, so if you want to use it, click on the "my vf" button, then on "Edit Options." Under Thread View Options, the first choice will be "Contract posts you have already read?" Select yes and save your changes.

Let me know if you have any questions or if the hack isn't functioning the way it should (please tell me which browser and version you're using).

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 01-12-02, 11:29 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Love the new option!

Yeah! Yeah and Wahhhhhhhhooooooooo

Cleda
Old 01-12-02, 04:26 PM  
nancy c
Tri-ing!

Even cooler!

I can shrink cleda down by hitting that minus by her name...so take that Cleda B!
Old 01-13-02, 09:59 AM  
Lydia L
VF Supporter

WWWendy...

Thanks for the new option-- this really makes it easier to read the threads. Didn't notice those + or -'s until I read Nancy's post... great idea!
Old 01-13-02, 10:49 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Fiesty Little One.....

Aint' cha NanC????

Ha! I go away for a day and what do you do?? You MINUS ME....... I am crushed. Or is that deflated ???? Or is that "minused?".....

gone.... but NOT FORGOTTEN.......
You just wait for that "Flattest Century" NEXT SUMMER!!! I'll get you!!!!

tee-hee-hee-hee

Cleda