Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-17-09, 08:18 PM  
CarlaVeg

I just trued this workout and I didn't like it at all... I could only tolerate about about 10 min. of the total body and only 5 minutes of the Upper body segment. I didn't try the other 2 segments.... definitely it's not the style of yoga I enjoy.

Carla
Old 01-17-09, 11:38 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79
Karen (ETA: or anyone else who's tried this), I read on a review (on either Amazon or Collage) that three of the four routines are very similar in format or pose selection or something; the reviewer said only the core routine showed any real variety in comparison to the others. Would you say that's true? It sounds like three of them are heavy in the sun salutations; do they have much else?
I would agree that only the core routine shows any real variety from the others. The other three routines have some similar moves to Yoga Now but are much faster and, yes, they are definitely heavy on sun salutations. There are some other poses in the other three but I can't really remember what they were (I already sent it back to NetFlix). Hope that helps.

ETA: I just read the review on Amazon and I agree with the lack of cueing too. He just says the name of the pose most of the time without giving much in the way of form pointers, etc.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Old 01-17-09, 11:43 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg
I just trued this workout and I didn't like it at all... I could only tolerate about about 10 min. of the total body and only 5 minutes of the Upper body segment. I didn't try the other 2 segments.... definitely it's not the style of yoga I enjoy.
I kept wanting to stop too but I kept telling myself I needed to give them all a chance. But I definitely won't be giving them a second chance!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Old 01-18-09, 01:52 PM  
KathAL79

Thanks, Karen (and Carla and the rest of the guinea pigs)! I didn't have anything more than idle curiosity about this, and that's been satisfied!

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
Old 01-18-09, 02:54 PM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79
Thanks, Karen (and Carla and the rest of the guinea pigs)! I didn't have anything more than idle curiosity about this, and that's been satisfied!
Me too.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)

Tags
15 minute results yoga, mariel hemingway, yoga now