Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Notices

Old 08-13-13, 11:37 AM  
Libby

Weighted balls?

Karen Voight uses something that she calls genie balls. Where can I find those for a good deal and what size is a good size to get? I've an intermediate to an advanced exerciser but don't want something really heavy. Can you get them online for as good of a deal as in the store?

Thanks!

Libby
Old 08-13-13, 12:13 PM  
sunday

I have several sizes and got mine from Amazon. I have a set of 2s and one 3. Just search on there; there are tons of good ones! And I have used these for KV's workouts, as well.
Old 08-13-13, 01:11 PM  
Libby

Size to order

Do you feel like the 3 lb balls gave you a good enough workout? I'm debating between the 3 or 4 lb balls. Do you order two? It looks like a lot of the workouts use two. Should I order one of each size or get two of the same size?

Thanks!
Old 08-13-13, 01:22 PM  
Sissy B

Walmart carries the Danskin weighted balls. I think they have several sizes.

ETA: I can't find them online, but I have seen them in the stores.
Old 08-14-13, 01:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
Walmart carries the Danskin weighted balls. I think they have several sizes.

ETA: I can't find them online, but I have seen them in the stores.
that's where i got mine when i first bought Karen's workouts using the green genies.

you need "squishy" weighted balls, and the danskin ones are good. at the time, Walmart was selling some other brand, and they were really good. i still use them - they're 3# each and i use it for Leslie's WATP.

later on, i bought a couple of heavier Danskin balls to use with my Firm video and TLT. in those vids, you only need 1 weighted ball, so i didn't need to buy 2.

for Karen's vids, you need 2 because she uses them in both hands, and later on, you lay on them, lining them up under your spine. the vids she uses them is Streamline Fitness, Yogasculpt, and one more video whose title escapes me at the moment - was it Core Essentials? all great videos, btw, and came before they became the rage.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.