Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Notices

Old 08-15-23, 08:54 PM  
Gibbee

You can change the audio to voice only. I noticed it last night while previewing.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 08-16-23, 06:30 PM  
kristiep

I got these on Aug. 10 and started a rotation on Monday. I’m pairing two to get a 30-minute session each day.

Push and Pull - these are strength workouts, slow and heavy. I liked them because they are simple and straightforward. I was almost wishing for a third set of each exercise but that’s probably because I need to go heavier.

Shadowboxing - nice low-impact sculpting/cardio. I started with 5s and switched to 3s, then 2s, and laddered back up again. I liked the slower pace because it forced me to think about form.

Abdominals (strength dvd) - Excellent routine with a good variety of moves.

Lower Body - similar to the Push and Pull workouts in format - simple and straightforward. Not sure I like the deadlift to squat variation. I remember this from the Pump workout on BoxFit, and I didn’t like it then. It’s only two sets, so I’ll give it another try or switch to regular deadlifts (my favorite lower body move).

Cardio - So, so fun! I loved the ladder format.

I did the universal Warmup on the Sculpt DVD. It was nice but I’m not sure I needed it for the workouts. Maybe I’ll use in the winter when the temps are colder, and I need more time to get warmed up.

Both DVDs are great, and I love Kelly’s relaxed demeanor. Makes me think about subscribing to RAW. Only thing missing is a stretch routine. The cooldowns are very short. I would have loved a 15-minute stretch session.
Old 08-17-23, 08:54 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Kristie,

I appreciate your breakdown of the workouts you've done so far! That deadlift to squat variation was very different. I'm thinking of doing a rotation with these in September. Kelly is always so much fun to work out with, but she means business, too! Love the short format and perfect to get in a workout at any time!

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 08-18-23, 04:33 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
I got these on Aug. 10 and started a rotation on Monday. I’m pairing two to get a 30-minute session each day.

Push and Pull - these are strength workouts, slow and heavy. I liked them because they are simple and straightforward. I was almost wishing for a third set of each exercise but that’s probably because I need to go heavier.

Shadowboxing - nice low-impact sculpting/cardio. I started with 5s and switched to 3s, then 2s, and laddered back up again. I liked the slower pace because it forced me to think about form.

Abdominals (strength dvd) - Excellent routine with a good variety of moves.

Lower Body - similar to the Push and Pull workouts in format - simple and straightforward. Not sure I like the deadlift to squat variation. I remember this from the Pump workout on BoxFit, and I didn’t like it then. It’s only two sets, so I’ll give it another try or switch to regular deadlifts (my favorite lower body move).

Cardio - So, so fun! I loved the ladder format.

I did the universal Warmup on the Sculpt DVD. It was nice but I’m not sure I needed it for the workouts. Maybe I’ll use in the winter when the temps are colder, and I need more time to get warmed up.

Both DVDs are great, and I love Kelly’s relaxed demeanor. Makes me think about subscribing to RAW. Only thing missing is a stretch routine. The cooldowns are very short. I would have loved a 15-minute stretch session.
UPDATE:

Box & Tone - loved this one. Kelly does two moves, then repeats and moves on to the next two moves. Each move is one minute. I matched Kelly and the girls with 2 lb egg weights and did fine, no need to pyramid down like I did with Shadowboxing. The combos forced me to concentrate at times, so a nice little brain workout. She gives good form pointers so that you get the most out of the workout, especially where the waistline was involved. For this workout I will do the Warmup with it because I needed a little more prep before I used the egg weights. Kelly said you can also do the first exercise without weights as your warmup.

Abdominals from Sculpt - this is a weighted abs workout. Same one-minute blocks, and Kelly ladders up and back down. (I really enjoy laddered workouts - not sure why but I dig ‘em.) Because of the weights, these moves require concentration and finesse. Again, nice form reminders and pointers.
Old 08-23-23, 01:15 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Fun!!!

From Kelly's Total Body Timesaver (Sculpt) DVD, I did three of the fifteen minute workouts today!

Abdominals (uses light dumbbells.) I used 3lbs & Kelly uses 5lbs. Great exercises and nice variety here. Kelly says she's not a fan of ab work, but she does it. She also said that "she's not smiling", but she's kidding.

Cardio Again a nice variety of exercises for the workout being so short. Very effective and you get a workout here. I was sweating by the end. Can modify "most" of the exercises to low impact.

Box & Tone (egg weights are used here) or you can use weighted gloves. This may have been my favorite, but I'm rusty with my punches and pivoting back foot. Easy combos to learn, but get the HR up. Very good!

I've liked all the workouts I've done so far, and can see myself using these! Having just finished Cathe's STS 2.0 90 day rotation, I really need get back into the cardio routine again, and these will be a quick way to do just that!

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 08-23-23, 02:33 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Would anyone like my RAW DVDs? I just don't think they're for me.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Old 08-23-23, 02:55 PM  
owltx

I am hoping she gets them on her RAW app soon - eager to try them!
Old 08-23-23, 03:48 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
*raises hand* I'd love them if they're still available. I've been waiting to see if Amazon will have them but nothing yet so far.

-- I was too late for Juliepie's offer, so I'll still wait for Amazon. If anyone sees them there, please let us know!
Old 08-23-23, 05:47 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
They have been claimed. Thanks for everyone's interest!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Old 08-23-23, 07:10 PM  
DD546

Quote:
What was it about these workouts that led you to that conclusion?

Tags
kcm, kcm raw, kelly coffey meyer, raw workouts