Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Notices

Old 12-20-06, 01:29 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutterby
Sherilyn, you are a BAD, BAD, ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE ENABLER ! Not only did I order a pull-up bar but I just had to order the Iron Woody Pullup Bands to go with it!!! ARGH!
Well, it is about time it went that direction, it is usually me being enabled! LOL. I wish I had a bar in my doorway too, though I guess it isn't the greatest setup for Wide pullups. But my bar (a bodybar, actually) is threaded through a couple of straps that hang from eyebolts in the ceiling, so I get some 'swing' with mine, causing the intensity to go up because they aren't stable, so I get the little muscles working too! I am possitively GIDDY from finding these wonderful bands, LOL. My whole life has been "just hanging there" like a lump of weight when trying to lift my weight using a bar, that is gonna change baybay!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
Old 12-20-06, 01:57 PM  
mspina

I'm SO glad that you like these Red!!! Although, honestly, there is no way NOT to like them. It's an amazing feeling, it really is, feeling like you are truly *doing* a pull-up, even though you are slightly assisted.

In addition to the band strength, if you move from feet in the band (more assistance as this stretches the band more) to one knee in the band (less assistance), you get even more options as you get stronger. I would see going from foot -> knee -> smaller band with foot -> knee -> smallest band with foot -> knee -> NOTHING! as the natural progression here.

I also HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend these in general (I got mine from Perform Better, but they sound EXACTLY like the Iron Woody's set, and the set is a cool idea) - I simply adore mine (use them with my Power Tower).

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

Old 12-20-06, 03:04 PM  
mspina

Price Alert!!!!!

It appears that the prices at Perform Better (http://www.performbetter.com) are MUCH better than at Iron Woody's, even if you ordered the IW package. I would have ordered the Intermediate package at Iron Woody (a #2, #3, and #4 band), which is $90. The equivalent set at PB would be (1/2", 1", 1.75"): $13+$20+$30 = $63.

The Perform Better bands are fantastic - looking at the pics at IW, I don't see any difference at all. I've been using my 1.75" band now for a while, and it's holding up like a champ. This thing is rock solid.

I can also vouch for the CS at Perform Better - super sonic shipping, great communication, and SUPER nice (I initially contacted them for info about how to choose my band size, and they responded right away, with an amazing reply).

Random Stuff:
  • Avid CrossFitter

Old 12-20-06, 03:11 PM  
znipke

m. If you scroll down on the site there is the pull up package of 3 bands for $59.95.

~Lori
Old 12-20-06, 03:26 PM  
Chris T.
VF Supporter

Which pull up bar did you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutterby
Then after finally finding one that would fit in my itty-bitty doorway that didn't cost too much, I read about these bands to help condition yourself to do a real pull-up!
Stacie - where did you find your pull up bar that fit in your doorway that didn't cost a fortune? I would love to know!

Thanks!

Chris
Old 12-20-06, 04:01 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by znipke
m. If you scroll down on the site there is the pull up package of 3 bands for $59.95.

~Lori
That is why I posted that the savings was amazing if you got the Pullup Assist set instead of individually. I couldn't believe how much I saved from the single prices! But I believe in saving a buck, so definitely, if the bands are the same, and cheaper, go for it!! They are awesome.

Old 12-20-06, 04:12 PM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by znipke

~Lori
Ahhhh - clearly, I missed that on the site! That's not a bad deal then, after all. Never mind!

Random Stuff:
  • Avid CrossFitter

Old 12-20-06, 04:38 PM  
Flutterby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T.
Stacie - where did you find your pull up bar that fit in your doorway that didn't cost a fortune? I would love to know!

Thanks!

Chris
First I ordered the GoFit Chin Up Bar through Amazon, but even at it's smallest setting it was too long, and my DH refused to let me put it anywhere else because of the ugly brackets...so started my quest for a smaller bar! There is absolutely a total lack of already-made small chin up bars out there! Geez! I ended up leaning towards the Door Gym again or maybe BB's P90X bar (that one now looks like the DG)...but I didn't want to pay $47-52 for the thing since I already gave one away!

I ended my search today when I stumbled upon what I believe is actually the Door Gym but under a different name sold and shipped through Amazon...so FREE SHIPPING!!! There wasn't a picture but when I googled the name I found one, and it looks exactly like the DG!!! Here's the link to Amazon: Healthcare Chin Up Bar...and here's the link to the picture: Chin Up Bar. The descriptions on both sites matched almost perfectly, and Amazon emailed me earlier stating that the bar already shipped...so we shall see soon! Can't wait!!!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -Adam Savage

"The fact that we are so different is our strength." - Jamie Hyneman
Old 12-20-06, 05:26 PM  
steakhousegirl

OK you guys--I knew I shouldn't read this thread. Stacie, I just got an Amazon gift certificate and couldn't really find a dvd I wanted from them so I've got the chin up bar on my wishlist. I love that it doesn't need to be permanently fastened. With free shipping it's a no-brainer. Thanks (I think).
Old 12-20-06, 05:31 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

I really like that bar as well, and the price is RIGHT for sure! I like my current setup, right in the center of my gym, but if I get tired of the 'swing' in it and want a solid bar this will definitely be my pick. I also love the fact that it just gets put away and doesn't stay installed.

Tags
iron woody bands