Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Notices

Old 04-23-04, 10:16 AM  
mmis29

Good Old Wal Mart...

If you're looking for a low-cost, high-quality option, I would check Wal-Mart. I recently bought a step there for around $25. You can see it on walmart.com, it's called "the step home trainer bench system". The only downside is that it only comes with one set of risers, for a total height of 6 inches. But they also have the original health club step for $57, with 2 sets of risers.
Old 04-24-04, 01:21 AM  
belle411

Lightbulb

I was going thru this exact same dilemma. I have the FL and needed a full length step for my newfound love of Cathe step w/os. Although I totally understand the ultimate versatility of getting the Step Co. step w/ the risers which would also work with the high step, I decided on the Reebok step. Then I was searching for the best deal, right? For the Step Co. one, Walmart has the best price but only has the turquoise & pink risers. I bought my Reebok step at performbetter.com, which currently has them on sale for about $69 and with shipping to California, the total was $75 something (shipping was $7.50, which was the CHEAPEST shipping I found on any of the online stores). I ordered online on a Tues. and received it the next Monday via UPS ground. It also had a step VHS w/o, which I haven't looked at yet. fitness1st.com is a great site, b/c on one page, it has the club step co. step, the high step and the Reebok step, so you can check them all out on the same site. For the Cathe w/os that need the high step, I plan on using the FL, which worked fine for my FP w/os too.

Anyway, I LOVE my Reebok step - it is really heavy and very solid feeling. It makes Cathe's step stuff so much more fun!

HTH Belle
Old 04-24-04, 07:26 AM  
cmolinet55

Mines called Aerobic Step Trainer Plus, it has 2 sets of risers and I've had it FOREVER and its in perfect condition. I have no clue who made it or how much I paid for it. I guess its archaic by todays standard Actually I saw a nice step at a thrift store the other day for $5, shoulda snagged it!

Christie