Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-02, 08:34 AM  
smartblonde

I'm so out of shape! How do you stay motivated?

I am new to this forum and am happy to have found it! I have posted on the Firm direct, when it was up and running. I thought I would introduce myself and share my situation.

Here are the stats...I'm 5'7" and weigh more than I ever have, around 155-160. I've never liked to exercise and never needed to when I was young. However, once I hit 23, started taking certain medications, everything slowed down...big surprise, I am no longer able to eat like my husband, NOT exercise, and get away with it. I've accepted it.

I'm convinced that adding weights into cardio is essential to achieving my goal...to lose 15-20 lbs. and tone up by summer. I've purchased a number of FIRM tapes over the past couple of months, but so far, I've stuck with the Basic series. Though I do like this series, I sometimes feel as though I'm not working hard enough, so last week, I thought I would try doing Vol. 6, thinking that the sooner I am able to do more difficult tapes, the sooner I will see results. OH MY GOD...I about died! I had done research on what tapes to get and thought this would be something I could perform, but I had to stop in the middle. I was so bummed, and I haven't done a tape since.

I so sick of my clothes being tight, and I refuse to buy a larger size. I know it's impossible to lose weight without exercise, especially considering how much I love to eat, but it's so hard to stay motivated! How do you all do it?

Tags
faq, motivation