Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-24, 10:58 AM  
PamelaP

Arrow ANNOUNCEMENT: The Future of VF

Hi everyone,

I know there has been a lot of concern and frustration over the state of the VF website and forum for quite some time.

The good news I can share with you today is that I've heard back from Wendy. For personal reasons, she has decided that she wishes to pass VF on to the community. I'm not at liberty to share those reasons, but she agrees that it's time to make this change. Please respect Wendy's privacy during this process.

In the coming weeks and months, there will be some decisions for you as a community to make, and many steps to making a transition happen, particularly as regards the forum software. As I think you all know, VF is not functioning well on the current version of the forum software and could essentially crash at any time, so that is a high priority.

For now, I need to find out if there are any members who have technical skills, particular with servers, software upgrades, and software customizations. One of these technically skilled people would also need to act as a single point of contact to work with Wendy during the transition, i.e. a project manager or team leader. (I'm available to serve as a liaison and will do so as long as is needed, but don't have the time or skills to handle a potential forum software upgrade or take on a project management role.)

If you have any of the technical skills listed above and are interested in helping to evaluate the forum software situation and potentially get it updated, please message me privately. (Depending on the number of responses, I may need some help with fielding messages too. Please bear with me!)

We aren't yet at a point where it's time to discuss costs, long-term site administration, moderators, etc., so please hold those thoughts for now.

This is just the beginning of a complex process, but I hope this helps settle some nerves, and helps you all feel like there's hope for this community to remain a community.

Thank you,
Pam

Tags
forum issues, vf future, vf site issues