Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-23, 04:45 PM  
cowfishpro

Question Callanetics vs. Grace Lazenby (iballet, ATRM, RM, etc.)

Hello everyone,

Recently I have been reintegrating Callanetics back into my rotation, which also includes Pilates and Yoga.

I just did one of the newer routines, and it reminded me a lot of Grace Lazenby's work with WAY fewer reps. I do think the routine could be effective, but it made me wonder if I would be getting more out of Grace's routines, which I still have.

Grace does a lot of reps, and I remember times almost crying because she would get so deep into the exhausted muscles. I have a vague memory of being in good shape when I had Grace in my rotation. And I remember my DH saying those were the only workouts he said he could really see a difference.

So now I am doubting my reintegration of Callanetics and wondering if I would get more out of Grace.

I do notice my clothes starting to loosen with Callanetics, and I get nice cardio intervals during a routine. However, I remember Grace's legs being much tougher, and I probably would get even more strength and HR elevation. Plus I did love the music and creativity of the iTrain routines. That makes me wonder why I stopped.

Well, if you have read this far, THANKS!

I appreciate any thoughts on my ramblings.

ETA: My original reason for integrating Callanetics into my rotation was to help better tighten up some areas that weren't getting addressed as well by Pilates or Yoga.

~T

Last edited by cowfishpro; 01-21-23 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Additional information

Tags
atrm, callanetics, grace lazenby, iballet, itrain