Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-10, 07:04 PM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

Polar HRM repair problems

Hi all, just wanted to post my experience with trying to get my Polar F4 watch repaired. I've had it 13 months and the left side button cracked.

After paying $9 to send it in to Polar 10 days ago I got a bill today for over $20 to replace the battery. The battery was fine and I hadn't asked them to replace it. Also there was no mention about the warranty work to repair the button.

My only way to communicate with Polar is email since their customer service is only open 8:45 to 5:15 EST, M to F. I'm west coast. I can't call or chat any other time but 5:45 am, about the time I'm starting my get ready to go to work routine.

When my watch broke I debated just replacing it with the $35 watch from Buy.com but decided to go this route since the warranty work *should* be free, all but for my mailing it to them. Wow! Was I wrong.

This was my first and last Polar watch, btw. I'd had a Cardiosport for years and years before it gave out but they don't seem to be made anymore. I'll give Polar a few days to sort this out and if they don't I'll be replacing the watch rather than send them $20 for a battery I didn't need or ask for.

Thanks for reading my vent!