Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Combinations, Rotations, & Modifications
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-02, 02:20 PM  
MsChana
VF Supporter

Thanks for offering to help out, Joanna!

I don't know how others do it (probably more efficiently than I do!), but here's what I do.

1) Start up the DVD, and write down what's in each menu. The reason I do this first is that they might have names for certain chapters, and on the good ones, the chapters often correspond exactly with the "mix-and-match" or "chapter selection" menu options. Saves me a lot of work.

2) I start up the workout and pause. I have a button on my remote called "Display," which has the title, chapter, and time in a blue bar across the top (I have a Sony single-disc). I then keep pressing the button called "Time/text" until it gives me the countdown for that specific chapter. The way mine works is that first it gives you the count up for the whole title (T ....), then the count down for the whole title (T - ....), then the count up for the chapter (C ....), then the count down for that chapter (C - ....). I leave it on the option to count down the minutes for the chapter.

3) Unpause. I make sure what I see on the screen lines up with whatever I've scribbled down from the menu, i.e. if it says the first chapter selection option is "warmup," am I hearing, "now we're going to warm up"?

4) From there on out, it's really fast. I just press the "next" button to go to the next chapter, record the time, "next" again, record time again, etc.

That's how I do it. You could also go straight into the programming menus, but that was a pain to me because I would never know what to "name" things, you know? To put them in context?

I hope that helps. All we really need is title, chapter, and short description (if available): 1.1 warmup, 1.2 upper body, 1.3 lower body, 1.4 cooldown.

That was a long description, but I hope it didn't sound confusing. I have a tendency to babble. Once you've done one, it's easy.

Tags
chaptering