Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-27-22, 04:42 PM  
wnt2bfirm

Cathe’s Barbell

Hi,

Anyone purchase Cathe’s new barbell? I’m thinking about it. I have the Pump barbell and don’t really need another one, but I like that her bar is one piece. Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks,
Tina
Old 10-27-22, 04:45 PM  
momofcha

I got it and i used it today. It’s nice. I don’t know that it’s anything different than what’s in stores. I have the firm barbell from years ago, but my son took all the plates. This is longer and I like that. The bar is easy to use and has a coating on it to make it nonslip and easy to grip

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
Old 10-27-22, 05:06 PM  
star117

I'm thinking about it too but the shipping is what's holding me up.
Old 10-27-22, 05:09 PM  
wnt2bfirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
I'm thinking about it too but the shipping is what's holding me up.
Yes, same here. I had six items in my cart, used the 30% off and then shipping added back $33. I thought getting opinions and reviews would help me decide if it was worth it.
Old 10-27-22, 06:38 PM  
star117

And my other concern is will I need a rack if I'm planning to use extra weight like I hope to be able to do some day. I don't have room or money for that. I found a 100 lb set but it's a 2 pc bar with bad review of the bar, so I'm not willing to compromise safety. I know Cathe's will be excellent quality. Amazon has spoiled me for free shipping! Heck, the water bottle is 13 bucks to ship! I guess I have time to wait and order. I wanna see what those bars are like in Dec anyway.
Old 10-27-22, 06:45 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
And my other concern is will I need a rack if I'm planning to use extra weight like I hope to be able to do some day. I don't have room or money for that. I found a 100 lb set but it's a 2 pc bar with bad review of the bar, so I'm not willing to compromise safety. I know Cathe's will be excellent quality. Amazon has spoiled me for free shipping! Heck, the water bottle is 13 bucks to ship! I guess I have time to wait and order. I wanna see what those bars are like in Dec anyway.
You will need a rack if you plan to do heavy squats, overhead presses, or bench presses. Impossible without a rack.

But a barbell is still great even without a rack. Not to enable or anything.
Old 10-27-22, 07:14 PM  
wnt2bfirm

Are the bars used as a rack?

Quote:
Old 10-28-22, 06:22 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I got it and i used it today. It’s nice. I don’t know that it’s anything different than what’s in stores. I have the firm barbell from years ago, but my son took all the plates. This is longer and I like that. The bar is easy to use and has a coating on it to make it nonslip and easy to grip
Sue, did you get just the barbell or the weight plates, too?

Also, is the coating on the sides where the plates attach... curious if the plates I own will scratch the surface.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-28-22, 10:52 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Sue, did you get just the barbell or the weight plates, too?

Also, is the coating on the sides where the plates attach... curious if the plates I own will scratch the surface.
You can’t get just the bar. You can get bar and 40 lb or bar and 60 lbs

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
Old 10-28-22, 11:19 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
You can’t get just the bar. You can get bar and 40 lb or bar and 60 lbs
Maybe it wasn't on her shop page when you ordered but it is offered separately now...

https://shop.cathe.com/Cathe-cardio-...ell-p/5150.htm

Curiously shipping for me is not more than $10 difference if you order the barbell with the weights.

Do you think the area where the weights attach will scratch with iron plates?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Tags
barbell, cathe barbell, cathe equipment, dip bars, the rack