Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 11-22-05, 06:52 AM  
akaAnnie

Callanetics 3-D

Anyone know anything about this? I saw on the reviews on Amazon that it is available in Australia and South Afrika and it was referred to as updated Callanetics. I was wondering if anyone knew what it 's like and when it might be available here. Thanks,
Ann
Old 11-22-05, 07:17 AM  
spacecandy

No I haven't heard of it but it sure sounds like some I make like though.
Old 11-22-05, 08:26 AM  
KaNGaMaLoo

The promise of these Callanetics 3-D workouts coming out on video/DVD has been around for a few years now..
Old 11-23-05, 07:34 AM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Question

But do these exists ???
Old 11-23-05, 08:11 AM  
Gardengirl

Seems like I remember reviewed a thread a while back and someone said they weren't up to par. At least I think I remember that! Might be worth doing a search here on GD thread.
Old 11-23-05, 09:53 AM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl
Seems like I remember reviewed a thread a while back and someone said they weren't up to par. At least I think I remember that! Might be worth doing a search here on GD thread.
sorry to bother again but what is a GD thread ?
Old 01-03-06, 05:06 AM  
rebeccar

Hi everyone. I don't know whats classed as up to par (just new to VF) but I know the spiral callanetics videos i use are good. the results are way beyond my expectations. i run and swim and generally keep fit but i toned up incredibly quickly with callinetics. i'll stick with them forever, never seen anything work so quickly or so well. hope that helps.
Old 01-03-06, 06:23 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccar
Hi everyone. I don't know whats classed as up to par (just new to VF) but I know the spiral callanetics videos i use are good. the results are way beyond my expectations. i run and swim and generally keep fit but i toned up incredibly quickly with callinetics. i'll stick with them forever, never seen anything work so quickly or so well. hope that helps.
Thanks for your input! Have you ever tried the regular Callanetics? I do the Quick's and AM/PM mostly. I also have Super Callanetics but it is too difficult right now. How does Spiral Callanetics compare to these workouts?

Windy
Old 01-05-06, 09:54 AM  
spacecandy

Ok anymore reviews from the ones that can play the dvds on their computer?

What about the book? Is it any good and can you get a good workout with it? Does it come in English?
Old 01-05-06, 02:09 PM  
KarenH

Received Future Gym book and DVD

I just received the Future Gym book and DVD from New Zealand. The book is in English and the DVD is NTSC for our DVD players. This program is taken from the Swiss Cantienica program and then expanded on. The Swiss program spends alot of time on facial exercises which are not part of this program. The Body Project DVDs from Australia are only PAL and are taken from the Future Gym (FG) program and not all of the FG exercises are in the Body Project DVDs. I've been doing the Super Callanetics(SC) tape and found this to be quite different. The DVD is instructional as there are over 80 exercises to choose from. She demonstrates all of them and the total running time is about 100 minutes just to demonstrate them. For instance SC has one arm exercise while FG has a one full arm, 3 triceps, 2 biceps, and one Pecs exercise so there is alot more upper body work. For the Abdomen work, she shows so many variations of the work as well as different ways to use the arms that it would well number over 20 options. With SC you would focus on curling your butt though with FG you also do an internal curl. I would equate this with - when you go to the bathroom and try to stop the flow by pressing the muscles really hard- you are using your internal muscles. This greatly adds to the exercises. You also slightly rotate your leg instead of just doing pulses like you do in SC. After doing just the instructional today, my butt is sore. I could do about 70 pulses in SC but with the added intensity of FG, I could only do about 30. I do miss having a video to watch and mirror what is being done. But after looking at FG, with all the options to do, there is no way you could do just one or even 2 videos and be able to incorporate all the moves. So you really have to design a program that encompasses all the areas you are interested in working and then you have the option of changing the moves later on to other options. Like in SC you have one thigh stretch, but FG gives you 4 options!! So you pick and choose what you want to accomplish for the session. The book is a very detailed manual but I did need to use the DVD to really see what she was demonstrating. The price is outrageous, but I did need to get both. After just one day of instructionals, I am sore whereas with SC I think I had maxed out on it. Sorry this is so long, but I thought you might be interested in knowing what the differences are between the programs out there.

Tags
callanetics, wcl, world class legs