Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-26-24, 02:42 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Movies where characters are doing workout videos...

We've had several threads over the years about seeing workout videos in tv shows and movies. I just watched, Burn After Reading (2008), and one of the male characters likes to do Gilad workouts. It actually looks like Gilad's old TV show. The character has Gil on TV in two different scenes.

The movie itself has kind of a fitness theme as the two main characters work at a gym.

Also, there is a scene where a character takes a foam wedge into the house. I know this object as a BodyWedge, but it has another name as an intimate activity assist device.

I usually like the Coen Brothers' films. This was a bit of a snooze.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-26-24, 05:29 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
We've had several threads over the years about seeing workout videos in tv shows and movies. I just watched, Burn After Reading (2008), and one of the male characters likes to do Gilad workouts. It actually looks like Gilad's old TV show. The character has Gil on TV in two different scenes.

The movie itself has kind of a fitness theme as the two main characters work at a gym.

Also, there is a scene where a character takes a foam wedge into the house. I know this object as a BodyWedge, but it has another name as an intimate activity assist device.

I usually like the Coen Brothers' films. This was a bit of a snooze.

Ah, in my previous job, I sold Liberators. Aside from what their intent is, they are wonderful to put under your knees while sleeping to alleviate backpain **and** your can put them behind your pillow to help with snoring.

As far as the topic. Not a movie, but two of my fandoms collide on S3 E 11 of Gilmore Girls when Teigh McDonough plays a fencing instructor.
Old 04-26-24, 08:45 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Not an exercise video, but Kathy Bates is rebounding in one scene in Fried Green Tomatoes.

stop in the name of love

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Old 04-26-24, 09:41 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

It’s a TV show, not a movie, but in Big Love, Gennifer Goodwin’s character Margene is watching a Christi Taylor workout. This sticks out to me after all these years because I remember being so excited to recognize Christi! I was always curious as to how that particular workout was selected, since CIA tapes were more of a specialty item and not widely available. I figured one of the crew or family must have been a vidiot.

I guess this one doesn’t fit the criteria of characters working out, though, since she is watching the video while siting on the couch in workout gear and snacking, and not actually exercising.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Old 04-27-24, 12:34 AM  
Abby

In an episode of Young Sheldon, Meemaw is shown working out with Richard Simmons' Sweating' to the Oldies.
Old 04-27-24, 01:19 AM  
Abby

Oh, and I had to look up the title: Ruthless People. Bette Midler's character starts working out while she is being held captive--kidnapped for ransom or something?
Old 04-27-24, 04:32 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Ah, in my previous job, I sold Liberators. ...
Kitten! Get out of town! I'm thinking that might be the most interesting job you ever had!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-28-24, 02:13 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Kitten! Get out of town! I'm thinking that might be the most interesting job you ever had!
I feel like I could write a book...
Old 04-28-24, 03:09 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Vintage, funny enough, I recently watched "Burn After Reading"! It wasn't great, but it was sort of amusing. The Brad Pitt character was hilarious.
Old 04-29-24, 07:42 AM  
jldx2in2000

I don't know what video is being played but I remember on Criminal Minds S1E4, the opening scenes show a woman doing a step workout in her bedroom. Maybe a CM fan knows what step video it was. I do remember telling my husband the woman following the video wasn't doing all the steps right.

Tags
fitness in movies, home exercisers in movies, home exercisers in tv