Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-12-24, 07:25 AM  
Erica H.

Buffmama - wishing you good luck and lots of fun with your race today!

I did CGX: Unleash Day 20: Back and Biceps today using 2 Lazy 4 the Gym's written review. It was a good workout and I'll probably do it again. https://2lazy4gym.com/2024/05/08/cgx...0-back-biceps/

Erica
Old 05-13-24, 08:54 AM  
buffmama

Woo hoo we're back in VF!

Yesterday was a quick MPL and the 5K. It was cold (2 sweatshirts and wool socks for me) and we (because of course buffboy had to run also) were slow. But we liked the race and would repeat it next year. Luckily the rain held out and we had lunch with my mom. Signed up for more races last night that we want to do. I'm sure our last race of the season will be faster than our first. Either way we were blessed to do it and had fun.

Today was Lisa Chaves Pimal Moves - 5 min, Justina's Runner's Strength and Millionaire Hoy Champion Day 17 Upper Body Scorcher which had lots of new movements - some I liked and some I didn't. I looked at PJ's upper body workouts and there might be some there to try. Of course I could always use a DVD.
Old 05-13-24, 09:11 AM  
Erica H.

Today was Epic Heat Uncomplicated Complexes LEG DAY Workout Day 1 plus the first circuit from NML Stronger 25 Day 8: 25-Minute Leg Circuit Workout (Slow Burn), which I didn't like very much and won't do again. My triceps are a bit sore from the back/biceps workout I did yesterday so I must have engaged them too much with the pullovers.

buffmama - glad the race went well! Sounds like a great way to spend Mother's Day. How fun that you ran it with buffboy - that's really special. One of my sons ran cross country and track in both middle and high school and he was so fast. There's no way I could ever keep up with him.

Erica
Old 05-13-24, 05:44 PM  
wendug

I was out of town for the weekend to celebrate my niece graduating from law school, but I'm back! It was nice to see my dh's family as it has been a while. My niece is stressed about the bar exam now. She does have a job offer pending how she does on the bar.

Today's workout- Tom Peto Training- 45 Min. Upper Body. This is my first Tom Peto workout, and I really enjoyed it. I appreciated a longer rest between sets so I could really focus on going heavy. Also, I found it interesting that he include snatches and clean and press as it isn't strictly an upper body movement. It is his first workout in his new rotation- the dumbbell 45 series, which sounds good to me as I like 45 minute workouts. There was a super short warm up and no cool down, so added more moves in the warm-up and did my own cool down and stretching at the end. I will look into his next workout to see if it is a rotation I would like to continue.

buffmama- I'm happy you had a good race with your son and then lunch with your mom. That sounds like a lovely day!

Erica- I found that sunscreen through Amazon, or you can buy it directly from Australian Gold. For the new CG workout, did you just follow the workout as 2 lazy for the gym wrote in the review? I'm not great at paper workouts unless they are for number of reps and not time. Setting a timer for work times sounds like a pain; I have enough issues trying to pick the right dumbbells for each move!
Old 05-13-24, 06:15 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, congratulations to your niece! That is a big accomplishment. I haven't done many of Tom Peto's workouts, but I've saved a lot and liked all the ones I've done so far. For the workout from 2lazy, I only followed the exercises in order and didn't copy the reps or time. I just used heavy weights and went close to failure with each set. It ended up taking me longer on my own than the time of the actual workout according to 2lazy's post. I like doing that with upper body but prefer following a video for lower. Probably because I do a lot more volume with lower.

Erica
Old 05-14-24, 07:31 AM  
buffmama

MPL 8 min with loads of core work
Justina's Runner's Core 19 min
Cathe Pyramid HIIT 30 min

It was nice to have a complete warm up and cool down! I didn't do tuck jumps and few others but was pretty close to her moves. Knowing that you'll get what you need/want from a workout makes me want to do more DVDs.
Old 05-14-24, 08:21 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did Tiff and Dan's 35 Min Full Body Dumbbell Workout [Push Emphasis], but skipped the lower body circuit and extended the push circuits. I did the first circuit (chest) on my own and went slower and heavier and added an extra set to all of the dumbbell exercises for chest/shoulders/triceps. I liked it a lot and will do it again. Wendy - no triceps pushups! I'm trying to see if there is a matching pull workout. Will walk with DH later.

buffmama - glad you had a good workout! I do miss my DVDs, but youtube is so much more convenient for me to use.

Erica