Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Internal Server Error 500 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227906)

kittybug 02-20-20 11:07 AM

Oh no, seriously!??? :confused: I hope it clears up for you soon. It's pretty frustrating, isn't it?

fanofladyvols 02-20-20 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittybug (Post 2860408)
Oh no, seriously!??? :confused: I hope it clears up for you soon. It's pretty frustrating, isn't it?

Lol, YES!
Thanks for commiserating :D

cataddict 03-26-20 06:31 PM

Revisiting this thread as it just happened to me when I tried to post to the Cathe thread!! Maybe it's getting too long and overloading the system. :p I'll give it another try later.

fanofladyvols 03-26-20 06:45 PM

Aww...I'm sorry :-(

The thing is.... there are older, much longer threads that I have no problem posting on...so it can't be that reason.

It is odd though.:confused:

kittybug 03-26-20 06:48 PM

Cataddict, when I finally was able to post again, I had made sure to not have too many smilies, quotes, etc., anything that would complicate the post, and I also kept it short. I don't know if that's why I could post again or something else, but it's worth a shot! Hope you can post again soon...it is really irritating, isn't it? :o

cataddict 03-27-20 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittybug (Post 2866018)
Cataddict, when I finally was able to post again, I had made sure to not have too many smilies, quotes, etc., anything that would complicate the post, and I also kept it short. I don't know if that's why I could post again or something else, but it's worth a shot! Hope you can post again soon...it is really irritating, isn't it? :o

I was able to post today as normal. Who knows what was going on. It's the first time it's happened. Maybe it was a sign that I've been posting too much lately! :p

kittybug 03-27-20 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cataddict (Post 2866129)
I was able to post today as normal. Who knows what was going on. It's the first time it's happened. Maybe it was a sign that I've been posting too much lately! :p

Hah...that's what I thought too when it happened to me!! Glad you can post again!

bzar 08-10-20 03:19 PM

after Wendy re-opened the site yesterday, i couldn't post anything longer than 1, short sentence. i tried posting at least 5-6x throughout the day, with the same 500 error. i tried rebooting my machine, logging out of VF and logging back in, to no avail.

knowing i could post a short sentence, i posted it, then went back to edit it, and it gave me an error if my sentence was long.

i found a workaround that eventually led to stopping the 500 error message:
when i went to edit my post on a thread, i clicked on "advanced" and added more words, then clicked on "save".

after having done that, i could post to a thread with > 1 sentence or even longer sentences, and i don't get the 500 error anymore. somehow that corrected it.

fanofladyvols 08-10-20 04:44 PM

Jeannine...that's what I call perseverance!! :D

Laura S. 08-10-20 06:40 PM

Several of the Cronies have had that error. It seems to pop up for someone for a few days and then it goes away. Wendy investigated and couldn't see a reason why it popped up. It's random and it's aggravating!